The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Blue Jackets F Kerby Rychel asks for trade

18 minutes ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

Virtanen + Hutton for Rychel

latest?cb=20141129170322

As usual, our young players, even though they've put up equivalent or better numbers (Hutton) at the NHL level, are showing they could be incredibly valuable (Hutton for certain), are completely undervalued relative to some other team's prospects because of how the Hockey News ranked them years ago! LOL

Yes let's trade our best young offensive dman when its a weakness (youth and dmen) and a player who may turn out to be just as good or better than one being discussed, because you know, just because he's someone else's prospect he MUST be better than our prospects and TWO (of our best) of them not just one!!

Common sense is certainly not very common!

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Is this the new norm for young players? Ask for a trade when you're not gifted a spot by 20?

Man, good thing all our top prospects make it by 19...

Rychel asked during the summer.

But it seems like the new norm....

12 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

I agree but Rychel has the ability to play in our bottom 6 until he develops. Shinkaruk can't

ya if we could move out some of the dead weight in our bottom 6 higgins/prust/dorsett. I would be all for him being on a line with horvat and virtanen as a 3rd line once sutter is healthy.

I agree if we give shinkaruk a shot it should be right now while baer is out and off the 2nd line. Why we havent called him up to try him out their is beyond me. Not like kenins is capable of filling that role, he is an energy 4th line guy/13th forward

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Is this the new norm for young players? Ask for a trade when you're not gifted a spot by 20?

Man, good thing all our top prospects make it by 19...

No coincidence that since day 1 TL/JB said they wanted to stock the system with 'character' people/prospects.

This is, imo, a reflection of society.   If you ever had to work with young adults much recently you'd know all about it unfortunately.  

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

No coincidence that since day 1 TL/JB said they wanted to stock the system with 'character' people/prospects.

This is, imo, a reflection of society.   If you ever had to work with young adults much recently you'd know all about it unfortunately.  

Are you alluding to a sense of entitlement?  If that's Drouin, I don't care just so long as he has elite skill, and we don't give up too much.  I don't think Rychel sounds more than a fourth liner?  

4 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Or it could just be a side effect of a very slow trade market. Nothing getting done, agents and players getting anxious.

Benning has already done the "lets trade for other teams prospects" routine. Bearschi seems to have a lot of potential, Vey is still young and seems more solid this year. 

We already got a bunch of forwards in Shink, Gaunce, Grenier, Boeser and Virtanen who possess the same skillset as rychel. 

Archived