The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Blue Jackets F Kerby Rychel asks for trade

4 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Fixed it

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

That's better:ph34r:

Eyyyyyyyyyyyy!

i get where your coming from.....but after hank and dank, our whole team grinds.  Is anyone not bored to tears with this yet?

our coach and system buries offensive flare.  A two way guy here becomes a Higgins.

27 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Eyyyyyyyyyyyy!

i get where your coming from.....but after hank and dank, our whole team grinds.  Is anyone not bored to tears with this yet?

our coach and system buries offensive flare.  A two way guy here becomes a Higgins.

Mean and skill together.  My mistake.  

he has that same floating issue virtanen has.

but, like virtanen, people will see the big physical frame and assume he's got a high compete level, when they couldn't be more wrong.

he's got a lot of negative in his game, but on the cheap, i'd take a flyer. worth the gamble.

3 hours ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Benning has already done the "lets trade for other teams prospects" routine. Bearschi seems to have a lot of potential, Vey is still young and seems more solid this year. 

We already got a bunch of forwards in Shink, Gaunce, Grenier, Boeser and Virtanen who possess the same skillset as rychel. 

Yeah. I'm truly hoping Benning just rolls with what's in the system and doesn't care how the grass looks in Columbus.

4 hours ago, Yotes said:

ya if we could send higgins that be great, not sure on their cap situation we may have to take bourque back, he is a ufa at seasons end so i would probly do it, and just waive him instantly to give the roster spot to a young utica player

They don't have the room for Higgins this season.

We don't have the room for the salary of Rychel and the amount we'd have to eat off Bourque's salary if we sent him to Utica, though it is close enough ways could probably be found to make up the difference.  Then again, if Bourque was claimed we'd be in good shape cap-wise.

I don't think the Jackets would see much more value in Higgins than people on here do and Higgins limited ntc may or may not restrict going to the Jackets depending on whether they're on his list.

He was one of my favorite prospects during his draft year and kinda lost interest after he was picked by Columbus. His name didn't hurt his chances with me, love a good name.

Offer their 2nd round pick back and a contract, if they don't bite, move on. There is something iffy going on here and I'm not a fan of guys that have barely sniffed the NHL asking for trades like they are entitled to anything. Bury your head down and work instead.

Pass on Rychel.  He comes in and derails the natural progression of prospects coming up.  I'd rather see a character guy like Gaunce get a chance.  Prospects coming up through the ranks tend to be more loyal, while the team gets a much better picture as to who they are and what they can do.

Prospects that whine about their ice time will not do well in Vancouver.

12 hours ago, theminister said:

But, seriously...

Send them back their 2nd and be done with it.

I'd absolutely do that as you suggested.

Columbus get's their 2nd back, add in jensen and our 3rd this or next year.  Rychel is publicly asking to leave, Columbus has no leverage for an unproven prospect wanting out.  They either trade him or watch him become an issue

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

Would you move Hansen?  What's he worth at the TDL?  I know he's been playing really well, but.....

If Hansen could net us Drouin or Rychel as a stand alone or part of a minor package you're damned rights he's gone.  He'll never have higher value than this year

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If Hansen could net us Drouin or Rychel as a stand alone or part of a minor package you're damned rights he's gone.  He'll never have higher value than this year

I don't know about you, but I find it frustrating to see a team like Dallas trade Louis Erickson for Tyler Seguin, but JB would not give up Hansen for Drouin or Rychel.  I really hope JB is looking at such a deal.  :angry:

Archived