The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] World Juniors Semifinals

Toews

Wow.  Just heard the Wilson comment that he "didn't know anyone on the Russian team."

What an idiotic comment on so many levels.

Samsonov, Kamenev, Provorov... some top shelf, Grade A+ prospects on that Russian team.

Small-minded American arrogance strikes again.

Maybe  time to learn something about the team/opponent that dispatches you every time.....(perhaps even before the game lol).

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Wow.  Just heard the Wilson comment that he "didn't know anyone on the Russian team."

What an idiotic comment on so many levels.

Samsonov, Kamenev, Provorov... some top shelf, Grade A+ prospects on that Russian team.

Small-minded American arrogance strikes again.

Maybe  time to learn something about the team/opponent that dispatches you every time.....(perhaps even before the game lol).

Wilson was always an idiot when placed in front of a camera. He was just being his stupid arrogant self and it burned him like it has in the past. Probably one of the reasons why no one wants to hire him as a coach in the NHL.

4 minutes ago, Toews said:

Wilson was always an idiot when placed in front of a camera. He was just being his stupid arrogant self and it burned him like it has in the past. Probably one of the reasons why no one wants to hire him as a coach in the NHL.

The one thing they never fail at is giving an abundance of reasons to thoroughly enjoy every one of their failures.

I feel bad for the young American players - their 'mentors' are such longstanding, horrible examples of how to conduct themselves.

18 minutes ago, oldnews said:

The one thing they never fail at is giving an abundance of reasons to thoroughly enjoy every one of their failures.

I feel bad for the young American players - their 'mentors' are such longstanding, horrible examples of how to conduct themselves.

Like Chelios? Grow up.

Got nothing against the Swedes, but was pulling for the Fins, and damn do they play some fine hockey.

Gave up 3 shots with the lead in the 3rd.   Unreal, against a club like that.

Real pleasure to watch.  Hope they also knock off the Russians.

Just caught both the replays during Canuck stoppages. Wow, Finland played a hell of a game. Can't believe Sweden laid such an egg in the 3rd. Says more about Finland really. 

I don't pull for the US teams, but I was pulling for Nedeljkovic. He had a fantastic first half of the game but appeared to lose his focus a bit after the 1st goal. I don't know how many shots the Russians blocked but it looked like the took away quite a few quality chances away. They were very quick with their sticks as well, and disciplined. 

Russia Finland should be a great game tomorrow. 

Archived