The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Florida Panthers to wear new sweaters in 2016-2017.

Odd.

On 1/5/2016 at 7:37 PM, Lil B From The Pack said:

I don't disagree there. Although there should be something that represents the housing market.

I have an idea. Change our logo to a Vancouver special with boarded up windows and change our name back to the Millionaires. 

On 1/5/2016 at 1:50 PM, poetica said:

According to ESPN's attendance records Florida is averaging 3,000 more fans every game this season over last. Attendance started off slow again this season but it's been steadily climbing along with the team's standing and they've had multiple sell outs recently. While Florida had the lowest attendance last season, this season 3 teams (Arizona, NYI, and Carolina) have lower average attendance than Florida. And Florida is barely below Columbus and NJ.

Things are definitely looking up in Sunrise!

Its crazy to think that these teams especially NYI an 80's dynasty with legendary hall of famers would have such a low attendance. Just shows most Americans don't give a rats ass about Hockey but thanks to Buttman post 1993 we see teams popping up in cities that have no business having a professional ICE hockey team.  Carolina with a Stanley cup barely being in the league for a decade at the time and Vancouver 40+ years getting shafted each time. 

5 hours ago, Schneider.Man604 said:

Its crazy to think that these teams especially NYI an 80's dynasty with legendary hall of famers would have such a low attendance. Just shows most Americans don't give a rats ass about Hockey but thanks to Buttman post 1993 we see teams popping up in cities that have no business having a professional ICE hockey team.  Carolina with a Stanley cup barely being in the league for a decade at the time and Vancouver 40+ years getting shafted each time. 

For the Islanders, most of their fans were on Long Island and having switched to Brooklyn, New York, in an arena not built with hockey in mind (with the overhead displayboard not even at centre ice), and according to what I read, not the most friendliest and safest neighborhoods in New York, kind of hard to drag all those living on Long Island to Brooklyn consistently.

7 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

I think it will grown on me much like the Stars jerseys/logo have. 

Right now... wowzer, that's out there.

Looks more like a European lower league jersey (I've seen them)

The Stars and Preds jerseys will never grow on me. They are awful. 

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The Stars and Preds jerseys will never grow on me. They are awful. 

I love the Stars current jerseys.  I think they are some of the best in the league.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived