The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks have inquired about Johansen, Drouin

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's highly unlikely but I keep pointing out that cap space alone is a valuable trade commodity in todays NHL.  With Stamkos rumoured to be leaving maybe taking Carles' contract is the item to facilitate the Drouin trade leaving the Bolts enough money to drown Stammer in making him want to stay for a few more years.

I'd lose Edler/Tanev and an early (not first round) pick in order to eat the Carle contract and obtain Drouin, but I'd be hard pressed to give up on a prospect much better than Grenier/Gaunce in a trade to bring him here knowing how sheltered he's been, his injuries and now his entitled attitude.

I need to reiterate, I think Drouin WILL be a solid player in this league without question and I'd LOVE to get him here but not at what some people are offering for him with said baggage and lack of NHL resume

Question: If Carle were to be waived and cleared which he would cap hit would be roughly 4.3m ? Then traded to us would there be a way for the canucks to further bury cap hit?

52 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Question: If Carle were to be waived and cleared which he would cap hit would be roughly 4.3m ? Then traded to us would there be a way for the canucks to further bury cap hit?

I could not tell you but my common sense indicator says no as that would be a form of circumvention (much like loaning Rundblad and Huet to Europe and being cap free ish was or is for the Hawks) that would have been taken care of during the last CBA.

For certain though for those cap constraints for Yzerman and the bolts we'd have to give them tanev as edler is a comparable cap hit and thus no use to them

6 hours ago, combover said:

Benning goes on to say winning now is important and the "tank" is not an option. 

Sounds like the owners want the revenue from the two home games from playoffs.this team will continue to be good enough to stay bad. 

Pathetic short sighted owners still pulling the puppet string. 

What about Linden? Hopefully the wops have learned that they should just stay out of it. ..

1 hour ago, Johnny Torts said:

Atleast he's making calls. A couple trades went down today, hopefully gets the ball rolling.

feel like that is also the case. might get other teams going. and not just talk. 

1 hour ago, PLOGUE said:

When a GM says that he won't trade good young players he's essentially saying he won't be making trades until the deadline as nobody except contenders want older players.

you can only hope that Benning sells our vets off. not all of them. but most of them. he needs as many picks as he can get entering into this draft. 

9 hours ago, hammertime said:

If Carle were waived, cleared and then sent to the AHL (just being waived does nothing to reduce a cap hit), his cap hit would be reduced by about $950K. So, since it's a $5.5M cap hit currently, that'd make it $4.55M we'd have buried in the AHL if we then traded for him for whatever reason. We wouldn't be able to do anything else to reduce the cap hit, apart from asking that Tampa retain some in the trade.

But then again why on earth would we want to do all that? Even to try and sweeten the pot for Drouin it makes little sense to move for Carle as a player buried in the AHL that we wouldn't use on our roster.

7 hours ago, Frazzy Desjardins said:

What about Linden? Hopefully the wops have learned that they should just stay out of it. ..

Linden is not playing. He will have his Cup. Tanking was never a decision. Winning isn't either.

Archived