The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flyers trade D Luke Schenn F Vincent Lecavalier to Los Angeles for F Jordan Weal and a 3rd

2 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Even with salary retention how do the kings afford this while still trying to sign Kop and Luc

Schenn is a UFA at the end of the season.

Lecavalier at 2.25 can easily be squeezed in and is good value as a third line player. Better than Higgins anyways.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This is why the Kings win. They're not afraid to make big moves to improve their team.

A deep team just got even deeper.

I agree.  And the Hawks too.  No matter how good they already are, they are always looking to improve and do so.

2 minutes ago, canucks411 said:

Kings trade Weal @ .632 Cap hit for 50% of Lecavalier and Schenn which is 3.925....according to NHLnumbers Kings had 1.484 left.

Vinny has 2 years left....something else has to be cooking....

Yeah, I think, clearly.

Who they can move to shed cap though... I have no idea.

1 minute ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

Maybe, I think Philly thought that same thing. 

I will say Kopitar, Carter, Lecalvier sure gives them some nice size down the middle

But the difference is that they are Philly and these are the proven Kings.  A big team already, gets even bigger.

A slow team just got even easier for the Central to blow by.

Schenn is a pylon.  Can't really teach mobility.  The Kings' chances of getting by a Chicago or Dallas just got slimmer imo.

And even less cap flexibility moving forward.

I like the move for Philly and thank them for dumping that on a division rival.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So the Kings add two players that will come off the books at the end of the season for a B prospect and a 3rd.

Great deal for them. I sense a third cup coming for them this year.

I predicted them to win prior the season starting just because them and the Hawks have been rotating and this year the Kings are up lol

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

A slow team just got even easier for the Central to blow by.

Schenn is a pylon.  The Kings' chances of getting by a Chicago or Dallas just got slimmer.

And even less cap flexibility moving forward.

I like the move for Philly and thank them for dumping that on a division rival.

Don't kid yourself. The Kings play a style that doesn't require speed. They slow down the play by clogging up the middle of the ice and beat teams down physically. Schenn fits that style perfectly.

Lecavalier may or may not have a resurgence but at 2.25 there are worse options for third line players.

Archived