The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flyers trade D Luke Schenn F Vincent Lecavalier to Los Angeles for F Jordan Weal and a 3rd

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Did you see the Canucks play the Kings a few games ago? What team are they gonna "blow by"?

Don't kid yourself. The Kings play a style that doesn't require speed. They slow down the play by clogging up the middle of the ice and beat teams down physically. Schenn fits that style perfectly.

Lecavalier may or may not have a resurgence but at 2.25 there are worse options for third line players.

Reading comprehension - try some.

Where did you see the Canucks in that post?

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

A slow team just got even easier for the Central to blow by.

Schenn is a pylon.  Can't really teach mobility.  The Kings' chances of getting by a Chicago or Dallas just got slimmer imo.

And even less cap flexibility moving forward.

I like the move for Philly and thank them for dumping that on a division rival.

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

A slow team just got even easier for the Central to blow by.

Schenn is a pylon.  Can't really teach mobility.  The Kings' chances of getting by a Chicago or Dallas just got slimmer imo.

And even less cap flexibility moving forward.

I like the move for Philly and thank them for dumping that on a division rival.

Seriously?  Or the Kings are just gonna pound the crap out of them even more...

1 minute ago, JV77 said:

Pretty much.

I think he must have missed the Kings Stanley cup runs of the last few years.

Speed doesn't matter against the Kings. The other team will be alot slower by the end of the series anyways.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Pretty much.

I think he must have missed the Kings Stanley cup runs of the last few years.

Speed doesn't matter against the Kings. The other team will be alot slower by the end of the series anyways.

Exactly.  Kings have 2 cups and they were never a fast team.  They dump the puck in and pound you on the boards.  Playoff hockey is more this style nowadays imo.

2 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Exactly.  Kings have 2 cups and they were never a fast team.  They dump the puck in and pound you on the boards.  Playoff hockey is more this style nowadays imo.

Yet the Hawks have a few recent Cups and play a completely different style. I guess that means there is more than one way to win?

7 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Or the Hawks skate more circles around them...

It aint as simple as big and mean = playoff success.  

This dynamic cycles back and forth - and the Central imo is leaving the big, bad Pacific behind - with it's mobility.

I don't see Schenn being the piece that puts that team back on top.  I don't care how big the guy is - his skating is a pretty big and fundamental weakness.

1 minute ago, swflyers8 said:

No one.  We have Ghost, Provorov, Morin, Sanheim and Hagg waiting in the wings.  The Fab 5 of our future defense, Ghost already making an impact.

NHL rule Philly has to ridiculously overpay someone every offseason. 

Just now, RonMexico said:

Yet the Hawks have a few recent Cups and play a completely different style. I guess that means there is more than one way to win?

Hawks are a more skilled and speed team, but they definitely have a ton of grit and play though on the boards as well.  And same for LA, they have a lot of skilled and speedy players as well.

Looks like a pretty clever trade for LA, if anyone can get something out of Schenn it'll be the Kings. And with Vincent deciding to retire at the end of the season it's looking pretty great if neither work out.

Pretty cheap cost for a couple rentals.

Just now, oldnews said:

Or the Hawks skate more circles around them...

It aint as simple as big and mean = playoff success.  

This dynamic cycles back and forth - and the Central imo is leaving the big, bad Pacific behind - with it's mobility.

I don't see Schenn being the piece that puts that team back on top.  I don't care how big the guy is - his skating is a pretty big and fundamental weakness.

LA beat the Hawks, to go on to win a cup as well.  Kings are big and mean, but they don't get enough credit for having skill and speed as well. 

Archived