The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flyers trade D Luke Schenn F Vincent Lecavalier to Los Angeles for F Jordan Weal and a 3rd

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yeah it's scary, talk about going all in.

To LA – Lucic

To BOS – 2015 13th overall (could have been Barzal) + Jones (currently a top 5 2016, SJ first round pick) + Colin Miller

To LA - Sekeras

To CAR – 2016 first round pick + McKowen

To LA – Schenn + Lecavalier

To PHI – Weal + 3rd round 2016 pick

What LA has to show for it at the end of 2016 (if they don’t win a cup and don't re-sign Lucic)

0, a playoff run??

What LA gave up

• 2015 13th overall (Barzal)
  • 2016 1st round pick (LA’s)
  • 2016 1st round pick (SJ’s, current sitting in top 5, with a 8.5% chance of being Matthews)
  • 2016 3rd round 2016 pick
  • McKowen
  • Weal
  • Colin Miller

You know what they already have to show for what they have done?  2 Stanley Cups in the last 4 years!  Seems like a lot of people here put more emphasis on keeping draft picks than winning cups.   I wouldn't give a crap about future draft picks if my team is presently winning cups and competing every year.

People said the same thing about the Hawks after each cup win when they make deals and have to trade players.  Yet they remain competitive and a contender every year.  People criticized them for the Vermette deal, saying they gave away picks and a prospect.  Do you think they care they gave a lot for him and lost him back to the same team after he helped them win another cup?

2013-14 Manchester Monarchs AHL 76 23 47 70 42 28 4 0 3 3 2
2014-15 Manchester Monarchs AHL 73 20 49 69 56 11 19 10 12 22 16
2015-16 Los Angeles Kings NHL 10 0 0 0 2 0  

Griener  notice his playoff numbers, hahaha funny management have players pay there dues in the NHL, but they refuse to give them a chance because of guys like Higgins. What's worst, LA teams that have good management and coaching will give a guy 10 games? WHAT 10 games? are you kidding me Willie gives players from the AHL, 1 shift and then benches them. Greiner should be playing the NHL but Higgins and Burrows are part of that magical run that management can't seem to forget. 

2013-14 Utica Comets AHL 68 17 22 39 56 -12          
2014-15 Utica Comets AHL 67 17 26 43 71 13 23 6 9 15 25
2015-16 Vancouver Canucks* NHL 1 0 0 0 0 0        

4 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:
2013-14 Manchester Monarchs AHL 76 23 47 70 42 28 4 0 3 3 2
2014-15 Manchester Monarchs AHL 73 20 49 69 56 11 19 10 12 22 16
2015-16 Los Angeles Kings NHL 10 0 0 0 2 0  

Griener  notice his playoff numbers, hahaha funny management have players pay there dues in the NHL, but they refuse to give them a chance because of guys like Higgins. What's worst, LA teams that have good management and coaching will give a guy 10 games? WHAT 10 games? are you kidding me Willie gives players from the AHL, 1 shift and then benches them. Greiner should be playing the NHL but Higgins and Burrows are part of that magical run that management can't seem to forget. 

2013-14 Utica Comets AHL 68 17 22 39 56 -12          
2014-15 Utica Comets AHL 67 17 26 43 71 13 23 6 9 15 25
2015-16 Vancouver Canucks* NHL 1 0 0 0 0 0        

Grenier isnt as good 

10 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Seems like a lot of people here put more emphasis on keeping draft picks than winning cups.   I wouldn't give a crap about future draft picks if my team is presently winning cups and competing every year.

Would you care if your team missed the playoffs, and in the process spent a mid 1st and McKeown to rent Sekera?  

I for one am pleased as hell that they missed out on Chabot/Barzal/Connor or whomever they'd have taken with their pick.  Their prospect pool is decent enough without all the assets they've moved.

Apparently GMs throughout the NHL failed to get the CDC memo regarding how valuable Schenn is and how likely he is to put a team over the top - so many that simply wouldn't part with much and missed out on.....an overpriced bottom pairing D.    It'll be interesting to see the Ehrhoff/Schenn pairing in action - that could be adventurous.

15 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Would you care if your team missed the playoffs, and in the process spent a mid 1st and McKeown to rent Sekera?  

I for one am pleased as hell that they missed out on Chabot/Barzal/Connor or whomever they'd have taken with their pick.  Their prospect pool is decent enough without all the assets they've moved.

Apparently GMs throughout the NHL failed to get the CDC memo regarding how valuable Schenn is and how likely he is to put a team over the top - so many that simply wouldn't part with much and missed out on.....an overpriced bottom pairing D.    It'll be interesting to see the Ehrhoff/Schenn pairing in action - that could be adventurous.

You kind of just answered why it might not be a big deal for them.  Yeah they made that move and they missed the playoffs, but now this season they are contenders.  Do you think their fans care about that trade when they might be on their way to another cup? 

Just now, JV77 said:

You kind of just answered why it might not be a big deal for them.  Yeah they made that move and they missed the playoffs, but now this season they are contenders.  Do you think their fans care about that trade when they might be on their way to another cup? 

If I cared what their fans think I might be able to guess - but despite the fact they have a solid Calder Contending AHL-level prospect pool presently, there's that looking forward thing where you look at this:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/los_angeles_kings/

and imagine what it would look like with the likes of Barzal, Chabot, McKeown, etc in their prospect pool - as well as wonder where that tipping point is.    

Mind you, it's Los Angeles - with an odd base and a short attention span, so you suit your plan to your market and your ownership.  I personally would care if I were a Kings fan, but at the same time, I'm not - and with the contract reality of the team (and the fact there's not there there in LA), you can see why they'd want to prolong their contention.

Does Schenn accomplish that?  Meh.

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Breaking News

Reports coming in that the Kings have found evidence of ketamine and deli item use on lecavelier, moving to terminate his contract as we speak

Seriously though, if ANYONE can get something out of Luke Schenn it's Sutter and the Kings' system of play.  A tough hard team to play just got tougher and harder.

Good thing we have so many players who can and do step up when they take shots at our players, guys like...McCaan and...uhhhmmmmm Prust?  Dorsett chime in guys come on

That's what Twitter is for.

Just now, hammertime said:

These days I think the 2 are pretty interchangeable.

I haven't followed LA, cause I hate the Kings with a passion, but has Ehrhoff's play really dropped that badly? I know his D was never amazing, but getting compared to Yannick Weber is really bad. 

The Flyers are LA's supply team, and here we go again, but not to the scale of the trades that brought them their first Stanley Cup.

Vinny will be bought out.  It is entertaining that Mike Richards was signed the same day of this trade.  There's a buyout that didn't seem to happen.  Now they picked up a buyout to replace that non-buyout.  League further balanced.

Luke Schenn is a player more suited for the western conference.  He can hit big.  The Canucks and their fans will be getting even more of a reason to be concerned for their players when LA games happen.

15 minutes ago, BanTSN said:

The Flyers are LA's supply team, and here we go again, but not to the scale of the trades that brought them their first Stanley Cup.

Vinny will be bought out.  It is entertaining that Mike Richards was signed the same day of this trade.  There's a buyout that didn't seem to happen.  Now they picked up a buyout to replace that non-buyout.  League further balanced.

Luke Schenn is a player more suited for the western conference.  He can hit big.  The Canucks and their fans will be getting even more of a reason to be concerned for their players when LA games happen.

Vinny is retiring at the end of the season.

18 minutes ago, BanTSN said:

This post makes zero sense. Completely uninformed post. 

Archived