The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flyers trade D Luke Schenn F Vincent Lecavalier to Los Angeles for F Jordan Weal and a 3rd

Just now, BanTSN said:

Ah, I thought his was a 35+ contract.  My mistake.

Nope been reported that Lombardi has had conversations with Hextall since October, he was apparently making double sure Vinny would be retiring, otherwise no deal.

Vinny has been a healthy scratch since mid November, he's finished.

1 hour ago, HC20.0 said:

I haven't followed LA, cause I hate the Kings with a passion, but has Ehrhoff's play really dropped that badly? I know his D was never amazing, but getting compared to Yannick Weber is really bad. 

he won't come close to Webers point total last season but he's been slightly better this season if comparing the two. If you combine the 2 seasons Weber will still probably finish ahead. Both carrying a heavy minus.that outweights their point totals. I was/am a huge Hoff fan but these days he's only a slight upgrade at most. Hoff only playing 15 mins average good for 5th on LA and the only defensive regular carrying a minus is a pretty good indicator  

6 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Seems like of low for luke schenn. Didn't Brian Burke say Schenn was worth like 10 1st round picks before? Seems like getting min and Vinny for a 3rd and a 3rd Round Prospect is a pretty low returns for the Flyers using Burke's context.

Burke says a lot of things. Schenn might have got you a 2nd instead of 3 at the TDL. Don't forget they also got Vinny's contract off the books. He wasn't even making the lineup and Philly just wanted him gone. Vinny promised to retire at end of year and LA took him on at 50% retained.

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Nope been reported that Lombardi has had conversations with Hextall since October, he was apparently making double sure Vinny would be retiring, otherwise no deal.

Vinny has been a healthy scratch since mid November, he's finished.

He was done b4 he got to Philly.

18 hours ago, Provost said:

I don't know how this can be considered anything but a win for LA.  They get two decent players for the bottom of their lineup at cheap cap hits and give effectively nothing in return.

The question is why did Philly do this?  If Vinny was going to retire at the end of the season regardless then there was no real need to dump him.  Retaining that much salary means they aren't really opening up room to take on someone else's bad contract for the rest of the season either.

Perhaps this was done to fet in on lottery sweepstakes,philly D will step down another notch.They are all in on draft race

29 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I have a feeling Schenn will finally become a player in L.A.

If I am wrong...........awesome! :lol: 

Yeah, honestly there isn't a team in the league that's a better for for him. If he can't turn it around and be solid #4-#5 guy in LA then he's maxing out as a #6-#7 depth guy in this league. 

There's nothing wrong with that as it's certainly higher than most people in the world get to but it's certainly shy of what his ceiling was and he's definitely be taking a pay cut to stay in the league.

The flyers are getting rid of the old regime's bad contracts and getting younger players in the line up, the Kings are getting junk. Hextall had to clean up the mess former Gm Paul Holmgren left him. Lecavalier is such a bad skater that it is referred to as an embarrassment to the Flyers, and they had no intention of re-signing Schenn.

On January 6, 2016 at 4:58 PM, DeNiro said:

This is why the Kings win. They're not afraid to make big moves to improve their team.

A deep team just got even deeper.

L.A. has two Cups. Vancouver has none. Bragging rights L.A.

13 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Well they basically gave Lecavalier to LA for free and for Schenn, got Weal (equivalent to a 2nd rounder) and a 3rd rounder. Pretty close to fair value for Schenn. God knows why they traded away JVR in the first place. 

...so that he can shine for the Leafs.

Archived