The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flyers trade D Luke Schenn F Vincent Lecavalier to Los Angeles for F Jordan Weal and a 3rd

Very weird trade.

Don't understand why the Flyers would be so desperate to get out of those contracts that they would eat 1/2 the remaining cap hits to shed those two.  3rd and a guy who might become a Linden Vey/ Jordan Schroeder (small size, AHL scorer) is a modest return but I don't get that Philly made the move for a top prospect.

The Kings may have acquired a lottery ticket in Schenn, and on the right team I think he could surprise.  Don't get why Sutter took on Vinny, who's declining quickly, and though he's got the size I doubt he'd be a Dustin Penner-type (timely playoff scorer with size) at this point of his career, and he's certainly not a devastating hitter, so I'm not sure what value he'd bring that would warrant Sutter picking him up.     

Lets say, hypothetically that Vinny finds his game again and shows he can be be a 2nd or 3rd line center. I wonder he would still want to keep playing, I know he gave his word he would retire but I wonder if some other team shows interest that they would trade him away, basically for nothing just to let him keep playing.

1 hour ago, Lockhart said:

Lets say, hypothetically that Vinny finds his game again and shows he can be be a 2nd or 3rd line center. I wonder he would still want to keep playing, I know he gave his word he would retire but I wonder if some other team shows interest that they would trade him away, basically for nothing just to let him keep playing.

He'd be lucky to be a 4th line C. The guy couldn't stick in the Flyers lineup. He was a healthy scratch half the time. 

IF he could become a 2nd liner then LA wouldn't want him to retire, 2.5 mill for 2nd line C is a bargain.

Not happening, he's been done since Tampa, it was a very stupid mistake for Philly to sign him and I was shocked at the money he got.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

He'd be lucky to be a 4th line C. The guy couldn't stick in the Flyers lineup. He was a healthy scratch half the time. 

IF he could become a 2nd liner then LA wouldn't want him to retire, 2.5 mill for 2nd line C is a bargain.

Not happening, he's been done since Tampa, it was a very stupid mistake for Philly to sign him and I was shocked at the money he got.

Didn't Philly retain salary on only this year?

Who knows, maybe if Laviolette stuck around he would have been decent in Philly.

6 minutes ago, Lockhart said:

Didn't Philly retain salary on only this year?

Who knows, maybe if Laviolette stuck around he would have been decent in Philly.

NOt sure, is it just this year??

I don't think so because it shows up 50% retained for all 3 years on hockey's cap and general fanager.

He was making 4.5 and they retained 50%. So LA is on hook for 2.25. That's nothing for a 2nd line C but this guy's done. He's promised to retire. He'll be lucky to stick in LA's lineup. 

Gotta love the Kings big physical team with good speed and skill plays the right way. Has no time for little guys under 6 feet and 200 pounds.

Jordan Weal got the Linden Vey munchkin treatment bye Felicia.

They know what type of player they want and don't stray from their team identity. Gotta respect that.

Archived