The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Predators trade D Seth Jones to Columbus for F Ryan Johansen

2 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

Are you joking or simply ignorant? Th is franchise doesn't have an asset even close to the current value of Jones, except maybe our first rounder. But good look making that trade happen....

Our first round pick is pretty close to that value, especially if it's in the top 6.

But of course, Canucks fans would never make that trade.

Nashville instantly becomes a cup favorite in my book. They look scary. Straight scary.

Columbus though, Jones is a great defenseman, but he can't pull columbus out of this rut. Especially if they don't have Johansen. So if they stay at the bottom of the league, and also pick up Auston Matthews, they could walk out with both. They could be elite.

Just now, shiznak said:

Our first round pick is pretty close to that value, especially if it's in the top 6.

JB would have easily given up the 1st for Jones or RJ, easily.

The 1st isn't worth either of those players. 

5 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

You know what bugs me. I understand that we don't have the assets for johansen  that's fine. I understand that we wouldn't want Schenn or Vinny. I understand that Richards would want to sign with a contender.  I don't understand how benning said it was quiet in the league right now. 

Star players getting moved

Coveted fa signing

Multi piece trade 

All today. Doesn't seem quiet. Is he lieing to us or is he not in the mix. Either way I don't like it. 

Darren Dreger reported that Benning's thoughts represented the general consensus of GMs around the league. 

Just now, Apricot said:

Guys...Guys...GUYS..PEOPLE OF CDC

We will finally have a new Stanley Cup Champion team this year. No LA and Hawks again and again. 

2016 Stanley Cup Champions: Nashville Predators 

They are still not better than the Caps and the Kings and Hawks I'm sure would win if it got to game 7.

3 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Not really correct at all because (1) Nashville didn't want a high first, they wanted a #1 C to help them win the cup now, and (2) CBJ needs a #1 dman that can help them NOW, not 3-4 years down the road. 

1 minute ago, Blueberries said:

They are still not better than the Caps and the Kings and Hawks I'm sure would win if it got to game 7.

True, but I'm hoping for Nashville vs Caps in the finals this year. Screw the Kings and Hawks, they need to take a seat for a while.

People that are pencilling the Preds as Cup contenders need to settle down a bit. Sure they got some more offense but they gave up one of the best young upcoming defenders in the world for an underperforming centre in Johansen. Risk is on Preds for them to make sure/hope Johansen gets back to his old form and doesn't continue being sluggish like he has been this year. 

Don't know if it's Johansen or Torts but we'll see. Though I would expect Johansen to pick it up under an offensive coach in Laviolette and help give the Preds some much needed offensive boost.

2 minutes ago, Apricot said:

True, but I'm hoping for Nashville vs Caps in the finals this year. Screw the Kings and Hawks, they need to take a seat for a while.

Yes, me too, if for no other reason than to make it easier for Caps to win. 

Hope this is Caps' year.

9 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

So officially the trading floodgates have opened.

Hopefully this gets the ball rolling on teams inquiring on our UFA's to be

Don't get too excited. We have to keep up the illusion of 'trying to make the playoffs' until the deadline.

Archived