The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Predators trade D Seth Jones to Columbus for F Ryan Johansen

7 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Our first round pick is pretty close to that value, especially if it's in the top 6.

But of course, Canucks fans would never make that trade.

I think every fan would make that trade lol.

More likely Blues wanted a non-pick back unless it was a bottom 3 team as they needed a lot of help on the backend. Plus I'm sure Jarmo Kekalainen being one of the brightest hockey minds in the game isn't dumb enough to trade Johansen for a Canucks top 6 pick which would easily become a mid 1st round pick with Johansen pushing the Canucks to a playoff spot.

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Yes, me too, if for no other reason than to make it easier for Caps to win. 

Hope this is Caps' year.

If Preds vs Caps happened, I think it would be the first time I'd be having troubles on who to cheer for. On the plus side, I wouldn't have any angry feelings towards the team that does win. 

Columbus making the best out of a crappy situation. 

I am a firm believer in building from the back. On average it takes a Dman 8 years from his draft year to reach his full potential. Imagine what a 28 year old Seth Jones and a 25 year old Mathews will look like.

i would give the edge to Columbus. 

People are calling the Preds Stanley cup champions for picking up a struggling player? Pete Lavs ain't no easy coach to play for. We will see if he can adapt.  

Now CBJ could use a center (Jenner's surely not #1 yet), I'd love Murray or Savard. Jones in on the right side pushes Savard down. He's 25, righty, big and strong. Murray is obviously more of a puck mover.

Would probably cost a McCann/Horvat for one of those guys plus a pick though.

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Now CBJ could use a center (Jenner's surely not #1 yet), I'd love Murray or Savard. Jones in on the right side pushes Savard down. He's 25, righty, big and strong. Murray is obviously more of a puck mover.

Would probably cost a McCann/Horvat for one of those guys plus a pick though.

Relax, dude.

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

JB would have easily given up the 1st for Jones or RJ, easily.

The 1st isn't worth either of those players. 

I don't think Benning would have easily given up our first, considering all those times he stated in interviews, that he wants to build through the draft. 

A lot of people undervalue how much a top pick is worth. Those picks are worth a lot more now, than before. 

2 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Not really correct at all because (1) Nashville didn't want a high first, they wanted a #1 C to help them win the cup now, and (2) CBJ needs a #1 dman that can help them NOW, not 3-4 years down the road. 

My post was referring more to trading for Johansen than Jones. Even so, I think CBJ would have to consider our deal, if Benning happened to offer that. Columbus isn't contending anytime soon. They need to restock their prospect pool, now that Reilly, Johansen, and the soon to be Rychel are gone and picking twice in the top 6 would help ease the bleeding.

11 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

I think every fan would make that trade lol.

More likely Blues wanted a non-pick back unless it was a bottom 3 team as they needed a lot of help on the backend. Plus I'm sure Jarmo Kekalainen being one of the brightest hockey minds in the game isn't dumb enough to trade Johansen for a Canucks top 6 pick which would easily become a mid 1st round pick with Johansen pushing the Canucks to a playoff spot.

Would have made this trade at the draft, tbh.

Might as well secure your Auston Matthews Blue Jackets jerseys early.

I wonder if Nashville just punched their ticket to the finals, but even with RyJo, they just seem to lack 'next level' forwards.  Teams are definitely helping them out though in that regard.

Missing the brief time which teams helped out the Canucks.

Huh.

79d36c87c8dcb704ccc07921d8987ee1.jpg

28 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

You know what bugs me. I understand that we don't have the assets for johansen  that's fine. I understand that we wouldn't want Schenn or Vinny. I understand that Richards would want to sign with a contender.  I don't understand how benning said it was quiet in the league right now. 

Star players getting moved

Coveted fa signing

Multi piece trade 

All today. Doesn't seem quiet. Is he lieing to us or is he not in the mix. Either way I don't like it. 

It was, until today. A couple very specific deals may open things up, but that hardly means GM's haven't been playing chess with each other for awhile now.

1 minute ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Might as well secure your Auston Matthews Blue Jackets jerseys early.

I wonder if Nashville just punched their ticket to the finals, but even with RyJo, they just seem to lack 'next level' forwards.  Teams are definitely helping them out though in that regard.

Missing the brief time which teams helped out the Canucks.

Filip Forsberg.

Archived