The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is Linden Vey still here?

Mattrek

I don't mind him as a backup sort of guy. I figure he's around because:

a. Higgins needs to get his butt going, so he was scratched tonight

b. Sutter is still injured.

I suspect Sutter's return may spell the end for Vey...at least, I hope so.

20 minutes ago, khay said:

Vey is here because he is better than Higgins.  

He blew that short handed goal but he did skate back it's just that he should have checked the trailer instead of going after the puck carrier. 

We must've watched a different game, because Vey's back check was more like a back stroll.

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:
  1. McCann will be sitting out more to work on his strength etc, so will Virtanen I expect......my thought is that they will keep Vey around as an extra forward to fill in because he can play centre or wing (his is the 6th centre on the depth chart what ever you think of him)
  2. Vey has to clear waivers (not that I think he wouldn't clear)

Vey doesn't have to clear waivers to be sent back to Utica until he has played 10 games, tonight was his 7th game.

Willie will be sure he gets his 10 games in.

34 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Vey doesn't have to clear waivers to be sent back to Utica until he has played 10 games, tonight was his 7th game.

Willie will be sure he gets his 10 games in.

Really?

I thought he played his 10 games by end November 2014

4 hours ago, Bradsterrr said:

We traded a 2nd round pick (Roland McKeown) for Vey a former 4th round pick, which doesn't make sense and is stupid imo. He has a decent shot but he's a terrible back checker and thinks he can dangle threw anyone. Then we traded a 2nd round pick for Baertschi a former 1st round pick now that makes more sense. Put Cracknell back in the middle and give Shink or Gauncr a chance. 

Would you have been willing to trade a 2nd for Zetterberg (7th round) or Datsyuk (6th round) when they they were 23? By your logic you wouldn't have traded a 5th for either of them.

5 hours ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

Too much hate for Vey. CDC really needs to quit finding a whipping boy.

Many had him in their doghouse before he ever put a Canucks jersey on. So all they will look for and focus on are mistakes. It's far tougher to get out of a Canuck fans doghouse than any NHL coach.

Still no verdict on Vey. In tonight's game he coughed up the puck which led to a goal. But then he also got an assist which led to a goal thanks to Bae and Bo.

5 hours ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

Too much hate for Vey. CDC reallys needs to quit finding a whipping boy.

They already do with Higgins and Vrbata as well as Vey. As soon as those players are gone the hate crew will find another players neck to suck on.

Willie's logic is this:

When he is on the ice with Bo, well away from the puck, Bo seems to be a superhuman. Based on Bo being superhuman... when Vey is on the ice of course, but well away from the puck, Bo's superhuman abilities wins games. Bo is real good when hes superhuman, but only when Vey is well away from the puck, but on the ice. This makes Vey real good too.

23 minutes ago, swizzey said:

Willie's logic is this:

When he is on the ice with Bo, well away from the puck, Bo seems to be a superhuman. Based on Bo being superhuman... when Vey is on the ice of course, but well away from the puck, Bo's superhuman abilities wins games. Bo is real good when hes superhuman, but only when Vey is well away from the puck, but on the ice. This makes Vey real good too.

That made no sense to me.

52 minutes ago, ice orca said:

They already do with Higgins and Vrbata as well as Vey. As soon as those players are gone the hate crew will find another players neck to suck on.

You forgot my fav whipping boy, Weber. 

Min terms of Vey, he was decent yesterday. You noticed him out there, the same couldn't have been said last year and that's why I am happy he's here. He definitely deserves to be in the lineup over a couple other players and he's played in the NHL before. He was doing quite well in the AHL and hopefully after Sutter comes back we keep him up and trade Higgins. 

Archived