The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] - Etem to Vancouver?

Emerson Etem has not yet been traded by NYR. Trade could happen today. Then again, might not (insert snide remark here). NYR working at it.

If he's traded by NYR, a logical landing place could be VAN. Coach Willie Desjardins had Etem in the WHL with Medicine Hat. So we'll see.

@FriedgeHNIC: Source laughing at me, saying Medicine Hat connection "overrated." Sounds like two teams talked, nothing close there.

@stevezipay: Etem will be assigned to AHL for three game conditioning stint, said AV.

Have always been open to getting Etem since he succeeded under Willie in his junior days, where he was linemates with Shinkaruk and both had great chemistry and tore it up.

...with Etem needing waivers and the Rangers pretty much close to moving on, wouldn't mind a Prust @ 50% retained for Etem deal. Prust gets to go back to the eastcoast, gives them some veteran presence and play while we get the younger project who is familiar with the coach. Prust is a pending UFA also. A perfect match if you ask me.

3 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

@FriedgeHNIC: Source laughing at me, saying Medicine Hat connection "overrated." Sounds like two teams talked, nothing close there.

@stevezipay: Etem will be assigned to AHL for three game conditioning stint, said AV.

Have always been open to getting Etem since he succeeded under Willie in his junior days, where he was linemates with Shinkaruk and both had great chemistry and tore it up.

...with Etem needing waivers and the Rangers pretty much close to moving on, wouldn't mind a Prust @ 50% retained for Etem deal. Prust gets to go back to the eastcoast, gives them some veteran presence and play while we get the younger project who is familiar with the coach. Prust is a pending UFA also. A perfect match if you ask me.

We said that about Vey too lol.

2 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

We said that about Vey too lol.

Yea and he gave us some solid production last year of which beats the odds of a 2nd rounder would give if panned out. Plus he is a depth option for us and playing in Utica has helped his game by the looks of it...playing wing is a lot more comfortable for Vey it seems.

Archived