The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Popular Canucks

smokes

The Canucks are the only team out of 7 Canadian teams who are included as most popular teams in the United states.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/map-shows-most-popular-nhl-164811769.html;_ylt=AwrSbDiSGpBWBFUAApJXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEycm5kcTc2BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjEzNTBfMQRzZWMDc2M-

The Red Wings, Blackhawks, Rangers, and Bruins may be part of the NHL's Original 6, but it is the Colorado Avalanche that can lay claim to being the most popular team in the most states.

Vivid Seats, a site that specializes in the sale of tickets for live events, collected data on the sale of NHL tickets to see which teams are most popular in each state. Using the billing address on all orders, Vivid Seats was able to determine which team's games produced the most sales in every state.

The Avalanche leads the way as the most popular team in seven states, followed by the Bruins and Predators, who are the most popular teams in five states each. Meanwhile, of Canada's seven franchises, only the Vancouver Canucks can lay claim to any of the states south of the border, as the most popular team in Oregon and Washington.

Here is the full map:

View photo

NHL Most popular

(Samantha Lee/Business Insider) 

3 hours ago, smokes said:

The Canucks are the only team out of 7 Canadian teams who are included as most popular teams in the United states.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/map-shows-most-popular-nhl-164811769.html;_ylt=AwrSbDiSGpBWBFUAApJXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEycm5kcTc2BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjEzNTBfMQRzZWMDc2M-

The Red Wings, Blackhawks, Rangers, and Bruins may be part of the NHL's Original 6, but it is the Colorado Avalanche that can lay claim to being the most popular team in the most states.

Vivid Seats, a site that specializes in the sale of tickets for live events, collected data on the sale of NHL tickets to see which teams are most popular in each state. Using the billing address on all orders, Vivid Seats was able to determine which team's games produced the most sales in every state.

The Avalanche leads the way as the most popular team in seven states, followed by the Bruins and Predators, who are the most popular teams in five states each. Meanwhile, of Canada's seven franchises, only the Vancouver Canucks can lay claim to any of the states south of the border, as the most popular team in Oregon and Washington.

Here is the full map:

View photo

NHL Most popular

(Samantha Lee/Business Insider) 

We know in Canada our teams are number one in their regions, but I'd be curious where the American teams rank when including all spectator sports?  Roller Derby draws more viewers in some states than the NHL.

A few years ago I would almost think that the Canucks would have had most of the western states based on all the Canucks fans at Ducks, Kings and Coyotes games.

The Kings have gained some ground for sure.

Thanks for posting this. Interesting. I never knew the Avs had such a following. Wow. And yeah Alaska for the Red Wings? I wonder if the Canucks are a close second. The Panthers have fans all the way up into Kentucky? No Lightening at all, I wonder if this was done before their SCF participation last year.

It would also be interesting to see a map of Canada to see favorite teams.  Or to see second favorite teams from Provinces that have at least one NHL team.

Archived