The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Blues' D Kevin Shatternkirk 'in play on the trade front'

86Viking

Intriguing, attractive solid D man.  Top 3 kind of guy, supportive top 2 D man.  RHD  PPQB

Too damned expensive though, Jones for Johansen and people balked at how we could have ever matched that offer.  Now add to it and you've got what the Blues will want for a proven D man.

We're not even in the same league for trading to grab this guy in regards to assets

5 minutes ago, Yotes said:

team might overpay goligoski if they miss out on one of the other two. i dont think he is worth edler plus money thats for sure.

Oh, we'd be paying more than Edler money to land him. Market doesn't stay flat first of all. Second we're in no position to demand discounts.

41 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Not something the Canucks will be looking into. They're rebuilding, not in need for a high priced player who will cost picks and prospects. They trying to do the opposite of that.

This is the type of player which should be number one on our "want" list. Stop the plugging of players who are "projects" and get legitimate top players. We are a team full of "projects" or "has beens" or "plugs". Our 2 priorities should be replacing Vrbata and that PMD who can Qback the PP who can eat up minutes. 

At 26 years old, and a proven NHLer, I see no reason to have him as a number one priority.

Part of rebuilding would include a player like this and would stabilize our backend somewhat and take some of the pressure off of Edler and Tanev not to mention help our dreaded PP.

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

This is the type of player which should be number one on our "want" list. Stop the plugging of players who are "projects" and get legitimate top players. We are a team full of "projects" or "has beens" or "plugs". Our 2 priorities should be replacing Vrbata and that PMD who can Qback the PP who can eat up minutes. 

At 26 years old, and a proven NHLer, I see no reason to have him as a number one priority.

Part of rebuilding would include a player like this and would stabilize our backend somewhat and take some of the pressure off of Edler and Tanev not to mention help our dreaded PP.

OK, so which picks and prospects are you going to send the other way? STL wants to trade him for financial reasons, they don't want equivalent amount of salary coming back.

You actually think JB is going to send picks and prospects for this guy who can walk as UFA is 1 year? Not happening and no need. This is a rebuilding team, this is not the type of move a rebuilding team makes, It would be stupid and senseless. 

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

OK, so which picks and prospects are you going to send the other way? STL wants to trade him for financial reasons, they don't want equivalent amount of salary coming back.

You actually think JB is going to send picks and prospects for this guy who can walk as UFA is 1 year? Not happening and no need. This is a rebuilding team, this is not the type of move a rebuilding team makes, It would be stupid and senseless. 

Not sure what St. Louis wants or needs but I am sure of what our #1 priority is and has been for a long time and we have nothing near his calibre in our depth charts. 

I don't know why this would be "stupid and senseless" though. Is this not the type of player this team needs? I guess it would matter who they wanted but I for damn sure would make every possible opportunity to land a player like this. These players do not come along very often and we would be foolish to pass on a chance to try to acquire him.

Rumours surrounding this guy long enough that I believe it.

Still only 26. Lots of offense still too. 3rd on the Blues in points this year.

Not really sure what the Canucks could offer the Blues though. Maybe Vrbata. The highest scoring winger on the Blues after Tarasenko and Steen is Brouwer with 15 points.

Vrbata alone is probably not enough though..

43 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Not sure what St. Louis wants or needs but I am sure of what our #1 priority is and has been for a long time and we have nothing near his calibre in our depth charts. 

I don't know why this would be "stupid and senseless" though. Is this not the type of player this team needs? I guess it would matter who they wanted but I for damn sure would make every possible opportunity to land a player like this. These players do not come along very often and we would be foolish to pass on a chance to try to acquire him.

It's going to take a big piece, 1 of your top prospects and a pick to acquire him.

Then he's UFA in 1 year. He's going to want 7 or 8 mill as he's going to be a 50+ pts guy. Why would he re sign in Vancouver on a rebuilding team when he's UFA and can go anywhere he wants. 

So what happens is you lose what you paid for him for 1 year of service, then he walks to the highest bidder or SC contender. It's stupid and senseless to do for Vancouver. 

IF JB wants him he'll go after him when he's UFA 1.5 years from now. He can outbid all other teams and hope this kid choses Vancouver. But JB won't be trading for him.

Unless he bends over and spanks the STL management I don't see JB trading for this guy.

Archived