The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Blues' D Kevin Shatternkirk 'in play on the trade front'

86Viking

On 1/14/2016 at 9:48 AM, cowboy644 said:

We could move Edler.But why would they want him.Has serious brain farts(see laying on the ice while florida scores against him)plays virtually no physical game dispite his size and his big shot from the point is a soft fluttering wrister that gets blocked easily most times.His slapshot doesn't come within a mile of the net.The only reason he still is on the number 1 d line is because this team is so weak at our d core and there hasn't been a gm in Vancouver able to make a deal for a legitimate # 1 defenseman yet.The last one they had close was Garrison and how long ago was that?At some point this team has to bite the bullet and overpay for one.Either Shattenkirk or Bifuglien.God knows there's GMs all over this league that have over payed to fill a need for there team.Hell if Burrows gets 4.5 million then A legitimate #1 is worth at least 7 mllion.As important as the twins don't you think?

so Garrison is closer to the legitimate #1 than Edler is? 

:blink:

8 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

We don't have the assets to acquire Shattenkirk. Aside from Shattenkirk being a righty, it would make the Gudbranson acquiring redundant in terms of playing guys on their strong side. If I were the Blues, the Oilers are shopping for a defenceman and it'll be easy to sell high on the Oilers given the assets that they have

Yep. I see the 4th in play, that would give the blues a chance at drafting.....Dubois....No way they'd want a player named Tkachuk on their team ;)

1 minute ago, jijitsu said:

The Oilers have the assets to make a deal. They need D badly. Blues need more offense. Yakapov has asked for a trade. Yakapov plus picks or prospects.

It's gonna take A LOT more then Yakupov plus picks. Yakupov has no value at all, and Shattenkirk is a legit top 2 defender. If I was St. Louis, I'd start with Hall or Eberle.

18 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

It's gonna take A LOT more then Yakupov plus picks. Yakupov has no value at all, and Shattenkirk is a legit top 2 defender. If I was St. Louis, I'd start with Hall or Eberle.

Hall for sure, plus more to get Shattenkirk. 

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hall for sure, plus more to get Shattenkirk. 

Lol Hall could easily get Shattenkirk straight up. Edmonton might even be able to get more. I think the move that'll happen is RNH + something else for him. 

7 minutes ago, Pears said:

Lol Hall could easily get Shattenkirk straight up. Edmonton might even be able to get more. I think the move that'll happen is RNH + something else for him. 

Why Hall worth do much?  RNH is worth more than Hall, no?  Wing vs Centre?

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why Hall worth do much?  RNH is worth more than Hall, no?  Wing vs Centre?

Theoretically if they were close in development. Hall is one of the best wingers in the game today. RNH has been injury prone and never lived up to his first season. I'm not saying RNH isn't good but Hall is simply better. If I was Edmonton he'd be part of the two untouchables on EDM with McDavid.

I could see this trade going down:

EDM Recieves:

Shattenkirk

1st Round STL

3rd Round WSH

STL Recieves:

RNH

4th Overall

Looking back at it I think STL wins this deal handily tho

13 hours ago, SilentSam said:

.... Only brought this up because I Shattenkirk had a good playoff run,. and I have heard nothing to quench the rumour that the Blues might still need to move a D man. They are stacked.

I realize that trading and adding Shattenkirk to our D core might upset the balance of "development" taking place,.  But what an addition it would be.

Since Edler is lacking the Physicality he needs to possess with Tanev,. Maybe that's the move to make.

We move Edler (somewhere for a pick) (say Toronto!) (yes tough with a NTC),  and the D we carry look something like..

Tanev Shattenkirk

Hutton Gudbranson

Sbisa Tryamkin

Biega Pedan.   

Im fishing, whose biting ? ;) 

You got that backwards IMO. If anything, it would be Tanev on the move.

...I wonder if St. Louis would consider that swap? It would have to be after Jul 1 and with an extension in place IMO.

Edler, Shattenkirk

Hutton, Gudbranson

Hamhuis, Tryamkin

Pedan, Larsen

I'd have a long ponder about that...

3 minutes ago, 87Crosby said:

Theoretically if they were close in development. Hall is one of the best wingers in the game today. RNH has been injury prone and never lived up to his first season. I'm not saying RNH isn't good but Hall is simply better. If I was Edmonton he'd be part of the two untouchables on EDM with McDavid.

I could see this trade going down:

EDM Recieves:

Shattenkirk

1st Round STL

3rd Round WSH

STL Recieves:

RNH

4th Overall

Looking back at it I think STL wins this deal handily tho

This kind of looks like the deal Benning just swung for Gudbranson, but on a larger scale. And by this, I mean, you have to overpay a bit to get what you want sometimes. St Louis doesn't HAVE to deal Shattenkirk, but he's not in the long term plans and they will need centerman and just forwards in general. Backes is a free agent and they will need a new leader. Maybe St Louis has to add, slightly, but they are dealing from a position of power.

16 minutes ago, J.R. said:

...I wonder if St. Louis would consider that swap? It would have to be after Jul 1 and with an extension in place IMO.

Edler, Shattenkirk

Hutton, Gudbranson

Hamhuis, Tryamkin

Pedan, Larsen

If we can get Shattenkirk signed to a good deal that's hands down the best top 4 in the game. 

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

If we can get Shattenkirk signed to a good deal that's hands down the best top 4 in the game. 

Oh I don't know about 'best', let's not get carried away :lol: But it'd sure be a damn site better than what we've had the last few years and Gud/Shat would fill the two biggest holes we've had in that period.

26 minutes ago, Noseforthenet said:

This kind of looks like the deal Benning just swung for Gudbranson, but on a larger scale. And by this, I mean, you have to overpay a bit to get what you want sometimes. St Louis doesn't HAVE to deal Shattenkirk, but he's not in the long term plans and they will need centerman and just forwards in general. Backes is a free agent and they will need a new leader. Maybe St Louis has to add, slightly, but they are dealing from a position of power.

Yeah that's why I had them getting the 4th and RNH. Edmonton will be dealing with a position of weakness no matter what and nobody will want a project like Yakupov. They have an extra 3rd and maybe even a B prospect and that deal looks good to me 

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Edler, Shattenkirk

Hutton, Gudbranson

Hamhuis, Tryamkin

Pedan, Larsen

I don't think blues are interested in another D coming back.  I think the whole reason Shattenkirk has become expendable (outside cap) is the play of Parayko and Edmundson.  I think they want a young forward.  Stl and Oilers have the perfect opportunity to make something happen.  Oilers need a PMD that shoots R.  and blues would like to draft local boy Tkachuk who's favorite team just so happens to be the blues. 

Archived