The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade F Jensen to Rangers for F Etem

2 minutes ago, theminister said:

I'd expect it won't matter. 

Not trading him. Not signing him. 

It wouldn't be my choice but I think that's what will happen. 

that is poor asset management. a guy who is going to be a UFA walks out and the team gets nothing in return. wise move would be to trade hammer for something. and if he walks away from the team that traded for him. that's for them to deal with. hammer may even come back to the Canucks. 

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

This guy has been on the CDC wish list for at least 2 years. 

Trading Jensen has also been on CDC's wish list for the last 2 years. 

Im happy for CDC today. 

Now we just need to move Edler for Hamonic, sign Yandle and Lucic in the off season and draft Chych or Sergachev ::D:lol:

44 minutes ago, apollo said:

I bet AV asked for Jensen.  He sees the talent JB wd don't see. 

Hope I'm wrong and etem scores goals =) 

I bet AV had good things to say about Jensen otherwise this deal doesn't get done. I remember Jensen's 1st camp, AV was raving about him. He would proc the media to talk about Jensen in scrums when they didn't bring up Jense. 

AV really liked Jensen so this trade makes sense from NYR side as well.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:
RAW | Jim Benning 01.08.16
Canucks GM Jim Benning discusses today's announcement of the club acquiring forward Emerson Etem from the New York Rangers.

Jim sounds pretty excited about getting Emerson here. let's see what Etem can do with the Canucks and whether he becomes a valuable player for the organization moving towards the future or whether he becomes a bust. and we eventually waive him. at the very least. we didn't give up a second rounder <_<

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It was reported New York was going to send him on a conditioning stint before the trade so clearly he was eligible.

But yea, I just saw he's coming to Van.

His last game was Jan 2 and the one before Dec 30 - he doesn't meet the requirements to be sent on a conditioning stint... guess they didn't want to tip that a trade was in the making.

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

that is poor asset management. a guy who is going to be a UFA walks out and the team gets nothing in return. wise move would be to trade hammer for something. and if he walks away from the team that traded for him. that's for them to deal with. hammer may even come back to the Canucks. 

The ship has almost certainly sailed on moving hamhuis now.  He just got wires etc removed, I can't see how he will even be remotely ready to play by the deadline.  If, by some miracle, he is, he will have little to no trade value.  In that case, I would rather see him stay.

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I vet AV had good things to say about Jensen otherwise this deal doesn't get done. I remember Jensen's 1st camp, AV was raving about him. He would proc the media to talk about Jensen in scrums when they didn't bring up Jense. 

AB really liked Jensen so this trade makes sense from NYR side as well.

When Jensen is involved and making things happen, he can be dominant. His shot alone makes him a real scoring threat.

The problem has always been consistency. One game he'll look like he's putting it all together and could be a top 6 player, then the next few games he'll disappear and be a non factor.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

The ship has almost certainly sailed on moving hamhuis now.  He just got wires etc removed, I can't see how he will even be remotely ready to play by the deadline.  If, by some miracle, he is, he will have little to no trade value.  In that case, I would rather see him stay.

Probably right but man that sucks. You're right though, if we're only going to get a late 3rd or 4th for him or something....may as well let him play out his contract :(

10 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

It depends on the dynamics of the situation and how you look at it. 

Hammer has a NTC so his fate is up to him. He may want to come back but maybe he's not in our plans. 

If he refuses to get traded with the hope that he can re-sign should we be obligated to sign him if we don't want to because of that? Of course not. 

Now...I don't know anymore than anyone else but that's my best guess about what will happen. 

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I could see him being a good fit with Horvat and Baertschi.

After the deadline:

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Burrows Sutter Virtanen

Baertschi Horvat Etem

Dorsett McCann Kenins

Cracknell

assuming that everyone is healthy. 

Loving this trade!! Etem if developed properly by WD can become like Evander Kane we were once after (no reference to skin color of coz) and we didn't even have to give up much.... gotta love the upside potential! I'm pretty sure Etem brings a lot more intensity than Jensen does...

JB better work the phones to revamp this roster.... time to trade Vrbata, Higgins and Burrows please...

Archived