The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade F Jensen to Rangers for F Etem

19 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Steve Ewen ‏@SteveEwen  4m4 minutes ago

Emerson Etem taking #Canucks morning skate.

CYTFnSBU0AAUFQT.jpg

CYTGzfGUMAAxMGV.jpg

Nice any better quality photos?  Can barely see his face in this one not very clear.  He looks all business or kinda po'd lol.

4 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Steve Ewen ‏@SteveEwen  4m4 minutes ago

#Canucks Willie says Emerson Etem will not play tonight. 

Why the hell not!  We want to see our new bobble.  WD makes me want :sick: with some of his choices.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why the hell not!  We want to see our new bobble.  WD makes me want :sick: with some of his choices.

Considering he got into Vancouver about 11 hours ago, maybe it would be better if he had a chance to get a good nights sleep before he plays his first game as a Canuck.

3 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I agree about Vbrata.

What I don't want to see is the likes of Gaunce, Grenier, Shink or Subban being attached to a deal when we haven't really given them a chance to show what they can offer up in Van. I can live with Jensen because technically he got a decent chance but I have high hopes for these 4 and the deal would have to be stellar to placate me if it included any one of them.

Contrary to many on here I do not consider the Vancouver prospect depth any where deep enough for prospects like Gaunce et al beginning part of future deals. The return would have to be youth as well.

Grenier likely on a bubble simply because he is 24. That is why I wanted the Canucks to bring him up for a solid block of games this spring to get a handle on his game. This is also why I take the 'tanker' moniker seriously. Vancouver does not have a lot of flexibility in their decision making about players. Ideally they make their deals to move vets out and give their TOI to prospects to evaluate their progress. Hoping 4 vets are moved at a minimum.

16 hours ago, SedinMadness said:

Learn to read will ya, as per his post.

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the Canucks have acquired right wing Emerson Etem from the New York Rangers in exchange for Nicklas Jensen and a 6th round pick in 2017.

The original post was one line and didn't contain the information. It's called editing a post to add more information as it comes out.

But yeah, jump on me for adding. :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Contrary to many on here I do not consider the Vancouver prospect depth any where deep enough for prospects like Gaunce et al beginning part of future deals. The return would have to be youth as well.

Grenier likely on a bubble simply because he is 24. That is why I wanted the Canucks to bring him up for a solid block of games this spring to get a handle on his game. This is also why I take the 'tanker' moniker seriously. Vancouver does not have a lot of flexibility in their decision making about players. Ideally they make their deals to move vets out and give their TOI to prospects to evaluate their progress. Hoping 4 vets are moved at a minimum.

I think you may be in for a disappointment with that one. :) but it would certainly stir things up.

8 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

Well it's a win win cause JB didn't give up a whole lot. This is the kids third team he might wanna get his crap in order though if he's a party boy. 

Jensen has a great release on his shot but it seems like he doesn't have the compete to be consistent. 

It's definitely worth a shot to give Etem a try...although most of what I have read about his play lately is disturbing....Talk about a guy who's value has plummeted (we should be so lucky that he wasn't part of the Kesler deal).

19 hours ago, RunningWild said:

Gotta love posted who just write something like you did with no acutely value. 

get out here with your advanced stats wet dream, they don't mean near as much as you think they do. time and again we have seen teams/players with good advance stats fail to live up to those numbers and vice versa.

16 hours ago, hateleafs said:

NO.....I always liked Jensen .if he ever had bin giving a chance like baertchi he would have excelled I believe.

he's gonna do good in new York . he should have bin in lineup 2014 15 season.was leading everyone in points that preseason I believe.

Come on !  every game he plays in Utica he's interviewing for a job in Vcr. That's what a farm system is all about. For what ever reason he is still in the "I'm a first round pick and derservea slot in Vcr"  Nick that's not how it works. Some like Shinkaruk and Grenier grasp that concept how come Jensen is different

21 hours ago, mll said:

Today's practice:
Daniel Henrik Burrows
Sven Horvat Vrbata
Higgins Cracknell Virtanen
Prust Vey Dorsett

Extra: McCann, Etem
IR: Sutter, Hansen

That's two players to sit out each game and as Sutter, Hansen come back two players will need to move.

Next year will also be interesting because Kenins, Grenier will also be waiver eligible.  And there's Gaunce, Shinkaruk - but they aren't waiver eligible.

I don't see all these youngsters on the team next year.  

Good post.

Its worth noting all of them are not meant to make it. Unless we are extremely lucky /smart?

There is supposed to be attrition & its best to be in a position where guys battle to win jobs. I admit I complained when we lost Corrado. But it appears I should not be complaining. He simply did not win a job. If all do, then as JB said its his job to move bodies to make room for them!

21 hours ago, theminister said:

This is good though, no?

It gives us extra injury protection and the ability to move two bodies if totally healthy. 

You've gotta figure the two guys are Vrbata and Higgins. 

Probably?

Prust and Cracknell are also out of contract at year end. It will be interesting to see if they are retained as each has played, not necessarily a big but an important role.

In any case, they are still at least roster spots a rookie could fill. Although I'm not sure we could project a particular rookie in our system into the type of job Cracknell and Prust are filling?

52 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

The original post was one line and didn't contain the information. It's called editing a post to add more information as it comes out.

But yeah, jump on me for adding. :rolleyes:

wasn't trying to jump on ya but the post was right in front of me. it was pretty clear to me what i saw...cheers! :)

4 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

If he  plays tonight, this will be Vey's 8th game.

If he plays in a 10th game he would have to clear waivers again to be sent to Utica

I thought the rule was 10 games or 30 days, whichever comes first?

(I think Vey has to be waived again to be sent down a second time, someone can confirm?)

Good move,trading a 6th and player that will not make the team!

In the next few weeks I hope we see more of this and get a few players that will help now and maybe a bold move or two considering we have to many C's and need a D upgrade plus move a couple vets at deadline and see what we have!

There are two "if's" involved;

- If the player does not have their head on straight?     (ex Zack)

- Does the player not have the will?

There is always a role on an NHL team for a player with Etem's size, speed and athleticism if he wants it! Goals and some other things within a players upside are the bonus & the coaches job to coax from within...

As a side note > after years of complaining we had not been brining in NA players and guys from the Dub? It appears that's exactly what we are starting to get!  For all the talk about Bennings type of player, and guys prev coached by Willie, I wonder how of that is Trevor behind the scenes?

14 hours ago, JoshuaGuy said:

I've never heard of this 10 game rule. Waiver call ups get 9 games before they have to clear again? 

10 games or 30 days on the roster (cumulative, not consecutive) before they have to clear waivers again in a season.

Archived