The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade F Jensen to Rangers for F Etem

Sad to see Jensen go, I've been rooting for him for a long time.

His offense is too inconsistent for him to be a top 6 player, but he was starting to show signs that he could be a good bottom 6 guy. The thing is if that's all he's going to be, Etem is much more suited to that role than Jensen is.

Jensen has also fallen down the depth chart behind Virtanen, Boeser, and Grenier, so it's unlikely he was ever going to find a spot in the top 6. That would most likely mean he would have to be put on waivers next season and likely lost for nothing.

I like Etem though, he's put up more points at every level than Jensen has, and Jensen is supposed to be the offensive player. Etem has the ability to play the energy game, but also has some serious untapped offensive potential (See his goal against the Jets).

If Willie can get more out of this guy, this could be a great trade for us. I think at the very least we have a solid young role player, which is more than we could say about Jensen at this point.

Roster's going to get crowded, but with Jake and Jared moving in and out of the lineup there'll be some space -- Etem will likely be part of that platoon, as WD and crew "remold" him as they've done with Sven, easing him in.

Still expecting more than ever now for vets to go for picks between now and TDL.

1 minute ago, aliboy said:

If they can get Etem going, this is going to be a great deal for us! This may be very similar to getting Baer going! This kid scored some very nice goals in the playoffs.

Got to agree with this.  At this stage, Etem has more upside than Jensen, despite going through a few NHL clubs in the last year.  But it will be interesting to see if he's really any better than Grenier:  quite possibly not.  In any case, Jensen wasn't going to make the big club next year, so this was worth a try. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

Sad to see Jensen go, I've been rooting for him for a long time.

His offense is too inconsistent for him to be a top 6 player, but he was starting to show signs that he could be a good bottom 6 guy. The thing is if that's all he's going to be, Etem is much more suited to that role that role than Jensen is.

Jensen has also fallen down the depth chart behind Virtanen, Boeser, and Grenier, so it's unlikely he was ever going to find a spot in the top 6. That would most likely mean he would have to be put on waivers next season and likely lost for nothing.

I like Etem though, he's put up more points at every level than Jensen has, and Jensen is supposed to be the offensive player. Etem has the ability to play the energy game, but also has some serious untapped offensive potential (See his goal against the Jets).

If Willie can get more out of this guy, this could be a great trade for us. I think at the very least we have a solid young role player, which is more than we could say about Jensen at this point.

I agree. 

Will miss Jensen. It's unfortunate that he couldn't produce at the NHL level. 

I haven't seen much of Etem. But I know that when Kesler was traded to Anaheim, Benning wanted Etem in the deal. 

He now has the players he coveted in Sutter, AND Etem. Let's see what this kid can do. He's still young, got a little bit of time in him, before he's deemed a complete bust. 

2 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

I remember watching this game and seeing that goal. Was a thing of beauty.

if he drives to the net like that, and Jake can do the same that is good for us. we are adding some size, speed and skill to our team. Things are going to get better for our team, it is a transition but we cant rush any of these guys to all of a sudden light the world on fire.

Archived