The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade F Jensen to Rangers for F Etem

2 minutes ago, Bradsterrr said:

Will Emerson be reporting to Utica or will he be staying with the Canucks?

Judging by the fact the Honey Badger just joined a gaggle of Canucks on IR - and Etem could only be assigned for a "conditioning stint" I'd guess he's right into the lineup.

when hansen and sutter are back we will have 4 extra forwards on the roster. we can only keep at most 2 i would think. Vey may be going back to Utica after tomorrow before he needs to re clear waivers.

another move ore two could happen once these two players are healthy to return, or jake could go back to Jr

Jensen's stock has been falling for a long time, when that happens you know it's something that cannot be fixed.

Etem is in a slightly better situation, yes he hasn't been the player he was projected to be but his descent has been on a lesser scale than Jensen's. He'll get a good look with the Canucks now and will be more suited to our team than the Rangers.

good move by JB.

6 minutes ago, Bradsterrr said:

Will Emerson be reporting to Utica or will he be staying with the Canucks?

He has to clear waivers to go back to the AHL. Was sent on a conditioning stint of 3 games, I guess he could play those 3 games with Utica? Has to come back up after though. 

I think this is a great trade. 

Jensen is going to struggle to stay in the NHL, IMO, and Etem had much more upside even at the respective points in their careers. Etem is still has a far, far better likelihood in my appraisal  

As I said in the earlier thread, I see the worst case scenario for Etem is a DSP type player that can move up and down the lineup.  Best case scenario is a Wayne Simmonds type. And, no, before you ask, that is not influenced by skin colour. 

Solid, solid move. 

5 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

But he was sent down to NYR farm team for a conditioning stint so maybe he continues that in Utica? Don't know but that would make sense.

JB said he's coming straight to Vancouver.  JH is going on IR freeing up a roster spot for EE. 

Will practice with the team and Willy will decide if he's in the line-up Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, theminister said:

I think this is a great trade. 

Jensen is going to struggle to stay in the NHL, IMO, and Etem had much more upside even at the respective points in their careers. Etem is still has a far, far better likelihood in my appraisal  

As I said in the earlier thread, I see the worst case scenario for Etem is a DSP type player that can move up and down the lineup.  Best case scenario is a Wayne Simmonds type. And, no, before you ask, that is not influenced by skin colour. 

Solid, solid move. 

We'll be extremely lucky if Etem becomes anything close to Simmonds. That guy is a beast, I wish Canucks had a player like him.

1 minute ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

etem looks like a another Vey project, either hit the jackpot or miss, Jensen was playing better in Utica, but Jensen's upside is only a Antropov meh this trade is meh. Etem is hyped, I remember callers on team1040 wanting Etem for Kesler LOL

you can't make fun of others... when you thought bo sang was the next god. 

1 minute ago, Canucks Prophet said:

We'll be extremely lucky if Etem becomes anything close to Simmonds. That guy is a beast, I wish Canucks had a player like him.

That is essentially my point. 

We've coveted a player like that for awhile. Etem had a serious shot to get there. All the tools. 

12 minutes ago, apollo said:

I bet AV asked for Jensen.  He sees the talent JB wd don't see. 

Hope I'm wrong and etem scores goals =) 

Benning wanted Etem in the Kesler trade. You would have to think Benning was the one who drove this trade. One under-achiever in exchange for another. Besides, AV never gave Jensen a chance. It was Torts who gave Jensen his brief stint in the big leagues.

Archived