The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Emerson Etem | RW/LW

Gstank29

It's only one game, but damn I'm impressed. This kids got wheels and good hands, a potent combination. Very noticeable out there and we got him for Jensen. This is one of those steals of the decade. Benning is a cunning fox, what a deal!

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Emerson Etem, to me, looked like Sutter out there. Nothing wrong with having another Sutter-type player, especially one that plays mean and fast. Etem schooled Jarg on that overtime penalty.

He should turn out to be excellent and also make Vey look and play much bigger.

More like a poor man's Evander Kane.

Just now, ashbury said:

I'd play him with Horvat and Beartschi. Very unproven line but I think the chemistry would be great.

sedins - vrbata

Baer - Ho - Eat em

Burrow - McCann - Hansen

Virtanen - Cracknell - Dorsett

Prust

Or you could keep him with a guy in Vey who had no trouble finding him all night?

16 hours ago, Winter Soldier said:

You're deflecting.

You must be fun at parties.

if you really want me to respond to your suggestion that predicts vey stays in the lineup fine...

i know Vey's play has been a little more positive lately and he did make a few nice plays with etem tonight but if he's here after Sutter returns I'll lose it. It's painfully obvious that Linden Vey is not an NHL caliber hockey player.

Just now, ashbury said:

You must be fun at parties.

if you really want me to respond to your suggestion that predicts vey stays in the lineup fine...

i know Vey's play has been a little more positive lately and he did make a few nice plays with etem tonight but if he's here after Sutter returns I'll fcking lose it. It's painfully obvious that Linden Vey is not an NHL caliber hockey player.

I disagree, but carry on. Thanks for the personal jab, tho.

About as much as you could hope for in a debut.

Threw a couple nice hits, went hard to the net and drew penalties - including the one that Daniel capitalized on in OT.

But beyond his size, speed and upside, he has some really solid intangibles that could make him an excellent two way NHLer.

Tonight - another couple of takeaways - giving him 15 in only 20 NHL games this season, playing limited minutes.  His +12 turnover differential is really quite impressive (reads plays and anticipates very well), as is the fact that he has such strong possession numbers with only 30.9% offensive zone starts in New York.

Huge potential really - and looks like he has the makings of a balanced, versatile game.

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

About as much as you could hope for in a debut.

Threw a couple nice hits, went hard to the net and drew penalties - including the one that Daniel capitalized on in OT.

But beyond his size, speed and upside, he has some really solid intangibles that could make him an excellent two way NHLer.

Tonight - another couple of takeaways - giving him 15 in only 20 NHL games this season, playing limited minutes.  His +12 turnover differential is really quite impressive (reads plays and anticipates very well), as is the fact that he has such strong possession numbers with only 30.9% offensive zone starts in New York.

Huge potential really - and looks like he has the makings of a balanced, versatile game.

He was one of the most impressive players last night. It makes you wonder how we got him so cheap. Maybe we got him just at the right time?

He is 23 years old and was still trying to find his way. Heading to the minors then traded to his third team. He must have realized his dream was in jeopardy. Hence the urgency in his game.

1 hour ago, Alexandre said:

He was one of the most impressive players last night. It makes you wonder how we got him so cheap. Maybe we got him just at the right time?

He is 23 years old and was still trying to find his way. Heading to the minors then traded to his third team. He must have realized his dream was in jeopardy. Hence the urgency in his game.

Yeah I wondered about that too... especially since that's pretty much what he said to the media...

...twice...

Archived