The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Emerson Etem | RW/LW

Gstank29

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He doesn't have a history of producing? He has produced at every level but the NHL so far.

In 2012-13 he put up 5 points in 7 games for the Ducks in the playoffs. He has produced when given a chance, he just hasn't stuck anywhere for long enough to gain any traction.

Lots of young players have gone to new teams and found their game. I wouldn't rule that out in this case.

You are correct, he showed promise in his first half year in the league... but for whatever reason, didn't develop.

Why?  Who knows... Anaheim was focused on output from their top two lines at that point, and pushing for a Cup appearance.

Maybe he got lost in the shuffle... maybe he got some bad habits... maybe he got too heavy?

From my perspective, 212 lbs is too heavy for his height and frame... he should be scating at about 205.  And that maybe what Benning and Green have in store for him with the conditioning stint in Utica, have him drop 7-10 lbs and re-focus his game on speed.

Just now, chilliwiggins said:

maybe they think that shinkaruk can get something out of him cause that's who he played along side in his last year as a 20 year old in the whl. which was his best year, but that's typical of 20 year olds in the last year there

Like how you avoided being totally wrong about him not producing at any level. Did not do your research before posting your BS.

jB you genius mo'fo

Both the rangers and the ducks got swindled on this one. This is a very good player, who can make a difference if he gets playing at the high level he's shown in the past. You can see the skill, the grit, strength , and skating is there just needs more confidence.

very happy with this one Jim. Keep it up!

7 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

like I said a dime a dozen player , theres hundred of them in the same position.   he hasn't lit it up except the whl in his last year like so many before him.  much like a N jenson same deal just a bottom of the barrel trade on both sides.  been given up on , on 2 teams now.  hes a plug , Utica could use him on a 2 way ,

There's a hundred 23 year old 1st round pick players in the same position? Not so sure about that.

He also had 37 goals and 75 points over 72 games in his last two seasons in the AHL. But tell us again how he only produced at the junior level...

Clearly you're either trolling or your hate for the team has just made you blind. But continuing spouting your ignorance, you're clearly entertained by it.

Really like this deal.  I was hoping for Etem as part of the Kesler package, so Im stoked for this move.

I honestly dont know why hes struggled, but I do know that hes got a good tool kit not unlike Virtanen of being a fast and physical player with a good shot.  Virtanen should be and will be the better of the two, but me thinks this move is a precursor to Virtanen going back to Junior.  Interesting however that hell be in the lineup vs TB.  I wonder if Yzerman wants to take a closer look at Jake for any particular reason....  And yes, if we could acquire Drouin for Virtanen and Vey it should be a no brainer transaction regardless of what you like about Virtanens game.  The skill set on Drouin is undeniable.  He was rushed.  He'll still be a top point producer in the NHL in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Really like this deal.  I was hoping for Etem as part of the Kesler package, so Im stocked for this move.

I honestly dont know why hes struggled, but I do know that hes got a good tool kit not unlike Virtanen of being a fast and physical player with a good shot.  Virtanen should be and will be the better of the two, but me thinks this move is a precursor to Virtanen going back to Junior.  Interesting however that hell be in the lineup vs TB.  I wonder if Yzerman wants to take a closer look at Jake for any particular reason....  And yes, if we could acquire Drouin for Virtanen and Vey it should be a no brainer transaction regardless of what you like about Virtanens game.  The skill set on Drouin is undeniable.  He was rushed.  He'll still be a top point producer in the NHL in my opinion.

That's interesting.  JV is certainly going to be an NHL contributor.  He will have an impact on a winning team with his physical play, meanness, and skating.  Will Drouin score at a high enough rate to offset his zero effect on the game in any other way?  

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

There's a hundred 23 year old 1st round pick players in the same position? Not so sure about that.

He also had 37 goals and 75 points over 72 games in his last two seasons in the AHL. But tell us again how he only produced at the junior level...

Clearly you're either trolling or your hate for the team has just made you blind. But continuing spouting your ignorance, you're clearly entertained by it.

I don't take him seriously. You really shouldn't, either, considering you've probably read his Boeser comments.

Low-risk move for both teams. The possibility of the team not qualifying Jensen after this season was there, so at least the Canucks got something out of it.

3 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

never said a hundred 1sts but nice try if you cant understand what I was saying than I cant help you.   theres a hundred players of his type that just don't have what it takes at the highest level.   look what travels up and down through nucks rosters we got lots of them already.   you get what you pay for.  A PLUG 

Maybe he's a SPARK plug?:shock:

This move is as risk-free as it gets.

He'll be given a chance (presumably), he'll be coached by a familiar face and has the possibility to be reunited with an old line mate who got a lot out of him back in MH.

If it doesn't work out, we gave up a guy who management didn't fancy anyway and a fairly late pick.

Can't wait for him to get going.

5 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

never said a hundred 1sts but nice try if you cant understand what I was saying than I cant help you.   theres a hundred players of his type that just don't have what it takes at the highest level.   look what travels up and down through nucks rosters we got lots of them already.   you get what you pay for.  A PLUG 

Canucks are getting a player already on the cusp of becoming an NHL regular, with a first round pedigree and skills to show.

8 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

maybe .   I think they  are thinking shinkaruk line mate can get something outa him.   Utica 2way good for building the farm team as a steady winner  like deniro says hes an AHL allstar like Cal Oreilly

Sorry, I've never heard of Cal Oreilly.  Like everyone has pretty much been saying here: we didn't give up anything, so no harm no foul.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sorry, I've never heard of Cal Oreilly.  Like everyone has pretty much been saying here: we didn't give up anything, so no harm no foul.

He was the Comets captain last season. That was his attempt at being funny.

The guy is clearly trolling. He knows nothing about either player, and just wants to get a reaction.

Just now, chilliwiggins said:

Cal oreilly led the comets to the calder final last year, good player at that level just cant convert it to nhl though.

Oh.  Is that a relation to ROR on Buffalo?

i like this Etem's skill set.  If he can take Prust's place that works for me, and I would call it a good move by JB.  I remember Tanner Glass was like that too.  We had a guy here, many years ago, Sergio Momesso.  He was like that too.  Those guys really can help a team, in other ways than score, plus the can put a couple in now and then.  I think Momesso does the Hab's radio?

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He was the Comets captain last season. That was his attempt at being funny.

The guy is clearly trolling. He knows nothing about either player, and just wants to get a reaction.

I'm okay with opposing views, presented in this way.  Someone earlier posted that Etem was known to be a bit of a partier too. Couldnt all opposing views be considered trolling, because they cause some fans to be upset?  

I just saw DiNero in play the monster in Frankenstein.  Sad movie actually.

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm okay with opposing views, presented in this way.  Someone earlier posted that Etem was known to be a bit of a partier too. Couldnt all opposing views be considered trolling, because they cause some fans to be upset?  

I just saw DiNero in play the monster in Frankenstein.  Sad movie actually.

Opposing views are fine. Ignoring facts and making ridiculous statements about players is not.

Archived