The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Around the NHL Weekend of January (09-10) 2016

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

They looked good doing it.  Fun game to watch by both teams.

Not really. They played like crap most of the game. Montoya is the only reason they hung on to win. But I did love how they stood up for one another, especially since the refs couldn't be bothered to call  the Oilers' penalties.

They better bring a better effort tomorrow or we may be ending their streak.

1 minute ago, poetica said:

Not really. They played like crap most of the game. Montoya is the only reason they hung on to win. But I did love how they stood up for one another, especially since the refs weren't bothered calling the Oilers' penalties.

They better bring a better effort tomorrow or we may be ending their streak.

I think the Hendricks hit on eckblad deserves a review....looked like a from behind that included the head.

eckbkad looked like he was wobbly trying to get to his feet.

11 hours ago, riffraff said:

I think the Hendricks hit on eckblad deserves a review....looked like a from behind that included the head.

eckbkad looked like he was wobbly trying to get to his feet.

I agree! I'm not sure the DoPS would call it a head hit, but it was definitely boarding and a hit from behind right to the numbers. Definitely deserves a suspension. Doubt it'll get one though. It's not like a Boston or LA player was on the receiving end.

He did look wobbly and I'm sure the head injury watchers the NHL employers made note of the incident as a possible concussion even though he returned to the game. Hopefully he's okay!

EDIT to add: Looks like the DoPS did agree. Hendricks is getting a phone hearing for the hit. Good!
http://www.tsn.ca/oilers-hendricks-to-have-phone-hearing-1.421187

Archived