The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Syrian Refugees Pepper Sprayed

nucklehead

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/syrian-refugees-pepper-sprayed-outside-vancouver-welcome-event-1.3396899

A crowd of refugees attending a welcome event at the Muslim Association of Canada Centre in Vancouver was pepper sprayed by an unknown man on a bicycle.

It happened outside the centre on the Kingsway near Victoria Drive around 10:30 p.m. as the event was winding down and the group of newcomers to Canada was waiting for a bus.

Seventeen-year-old Nawal Addo was raised in Canada, but was outside with the group at the time of the attack.

"We were just standing outside and we all just started coughing and our eyes were burning. We were really confused about what was going on," she said.

Ammar Ramadan was inside the building at the time, but soon noticed the chaos outside.

"Next thing you know, people are running and screaming, everyone's dashing inside. A bunch of kids were crying. I was a little confused as to what was happening."

"A guy at the front actually was, like, his eyes were completely covered, he couldn't see for a whole, like, 20 minutes. Some kids got unconscious because of how strong it was," said Ramadan. "A bunch of women and children, they were all just affected by it."

As many as 30 children, women and men were treated for exposure to pepper spray by paramedics and the Vancouver Fire and Rescue Service.

I'd be curious to understand the culprits rationale. The only reason he'd be upset enough to assault a group of Muslims is if he actually believed the terrorist propaganda about them. If that's the case, why would he go anywhere near a group of people he thinks could blow him up?

Either way, hope the guy is found and subsequently tarred and feathered on national television.

One slimy d-bag racist just put a black mark on Vancouver. This will probably be reported worldwide. I hope they get that scumbag fast. They should check to see where some of the hate-filled CDC members were at the time. Sounds like something they might do.

16 minutes ago, gurn said:

Muslims can be white, there is no colour restriction. Muslims are also allowed to be female, just in case you did not know.:)

Yes everything seems to be pointing at this racially motivated attack was done by a Muslim. Let's not kid ourselves here and call it what it is ... A hate crime most likely done by a white non Muslim racist backwards hillbilly. 

Me, I prefer to wait for some facts or  an arrest before reaching a conclusion. Way too much instant reaction, both on the web and in life. I look at it as being similar to a front page story in the newspaper and then 2 weeks later the paper admits it got the story wrong, but prints their apology on page 35. Damage is already done.

It could have been a guy off his meds or a fame seeker or, or, or, or, heck it could have been damn near anybody for any reason or no reason at all.

Apologies for a bit of a rant but words like- could, might, may, get to me, especially in newcasts and papers.

6 hours ago, Fateless said:

I'd be curious to understand the culprits rationale. The only reason he'd be upset enough to assault a group of Muslims is if he actually believed the terrorist propaganda about them. If that's the case, why would he go anywhere near a group of people he thinks could blow him up?

Either way, hope the guy is found and subsequently tarred and feathered on national television.

Or rape a bunch of women on new years.

Nonetheless, not the right thing to do. 

2 hours ago, TheFirstLine said:

Yes everything seems to be pointing at this racially motivated attack was done by a Muslim. Let's not kid ourselves here and call it what it is ... A hate crime most likely done by a white non Muslim racist backwards hillbilly. 

I think, could be wrong, there are over 60 sects of Islam now.  Maybe it's like the Protestants and Catholics?

5 hours ago, TheFirstLine said:

Or we could wait for police to do their work, before speculating.

Archived