The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hutton is just about ready for his offensive breakthrough

*Buzzsaw*

Watching the last 5 games it is clear to me Hutton has upped his offensive game.

He has been a consistent threat to score either on the rush or on the point.

His timing is getting better, his puck handling in the offensive zone is getting better, his passing is getting better, especially on the rush.

You can see how hungry he is... I think he has watched Bo and Baer with their struggles, watched as they persisted, and then broke through, and I think he is ready to do the same thing.

At the same time he is not sacrificing his defensive play, he is not gambling, he is taking his opportunities when they are right.

He is putting points on the board, yeah they are only assists at this point, but he WILL score, and VERY SOON.

I think this kid has quite a bit higher ceiling than Tanev offensively, and not too much lower than him defensively.

Completely agreed. He's always been a great defenseman for us since he came up, but the past few games you can see he's taken his offence to an entirely new level. You can feel it's only a matter of time before he starts to go on a breakout run. It baffles me how lucky we've been with finding key defenseman guys seemingly out of thin air with Tanev, Hutton and now Biega is starting to head that route as well.

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

1 point in the last 5 games and now Hutton is the next Doughty.......ok, CDC never ceases to amaze!

I didn't say he was the next Doughty... I said he was going to breakthrough and start scoring.

The number of chances he is getting, it is inevitable... it is exactly what we saw with Bo and Baer before they went on their tear.

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I didn't say he was the next Doughty... I said he was going to breakthrough and start scoring.

The number of chances he is getting, it is inevitable... it is exactly what we saw with Bo and Baer before they went on their tear.

Where did it say you specifically said he was Doughty?

5 minutes ago, PlanB said:

LOL, Rainism thinks Hutton is the next Doughty! 

Classic CDC, likely followed up with him throwing more insults and quickly editing his post!  

Yeah, I definitely think he's the next Doughty cause I edited my post 12 minutes before he even posted. 

You're really not good at trolling, so don't even post anymore lmfao.

I was editing the post because the YouTube embeded posts didn't work for me. 

Suck it.

37 minutes ago, Rainism said:

Yeah, I definitely think he's the next Doughty cause I edited my post 12 minutes before he even posted. 

You're really not good at trolling, so don't even post anymore lmfao.

I was editing the post because the YouTube embeded posts didn't work for me. 

Suck it.

you get angry quick. stop comparing hutton to doughty plz n thx

6 hours ago, Rainism said:

I never said he was Doughty you idiot. Read the post before you speak you braindead degenerate. I said he REMINDED me of Doughty. 

Dumbass. Did you even graduate?

Makes asinine comparison then backpedals hard.

typical Sunday morning after a rough Saturday night..... Geez, people looking for a fight over that?  Hutton looks like he's gaining confidence and it's going to translate into more offense. Happens a lot with young players don't you think?  

7 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Watching the last 5 games it is clear to me Hutton has upped his offensive game.

He has been a consistent threat to score either on the rush or on the point.

His timing is getting better, his puck handling in the offensive zone is getting better, his passing is getting better, especially on the rush.

You can see how hungry he is... I think he has watched Bo and Baer with their struggles, watched as they persisted, and then broke through, and I think he is ready to do the same thing.

At the same time he is not sacrificing his defensive play, he is not gambling, he is taking his opportunities when they are right.

He is putting points on the board, yeah they are only assists at this point, but he WILL score, and VERY SOON.

I think this kid has quite a bit higher ceiling than Tanev offensively, and not too much lower than him defensively.

He will shoot 

he will score!

He's due for a goal.

I'm really impressed with his anticipation, poise and first pass. For such a young Dman, rookie NHLer, he's sure cool. 

He's been thinking defense first thus far, he looked great on that breakout with Bo, maybe next year he'll start jumping up more often... go full Bobby Orr, forget about Doughty! ;)

Archived