The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden confirms Higgins will be traded

Roger Neilsons Towel

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 10:42 AM, Jack Fig said:

Utica must be one boring town.

There was a really nice piece lately about the positive benefit the Comets have had on Utica -- arrived when the town was not at its best economically.  The city has embraced the team -- kind of a nice story.  Utica sounds like a decent place to live.

8 minutes ago, gameburn said:

There was a really nice piece lately about the positive benefit the Comets have had on Utica -- arrived when the town was not at its best economically.  The city has embraced the team -- kind of a nice story.  Utica sounds like a decent place to live.

when abbotsford became available would have been good to for the org, being so close and all. but glad it worked out for the city , seems to be working for the canucks org, as well. abottsford was gunna be a problem some how i seem to recall

10 hours ago, chon derry said:

when abbotsford became available would have been good to for the org, being so close and all. but glad it worked out for the city , seems to be working for the canucks org, as well. abottsford was gunna be a problem some how i seem to recall

It's an interesting time to follow hockey: the technology makes games more available for the fan, but the players still have the real world problem of getting around, being awake when they do move back and forth between cities/farm teams.  The trend of putting a farm team in the home city is interesting.  We already have a Jr. team in Vancouver, but it would be interesting to see whether a farm team (Kalamazoo?) could be put in BC, perhaps even the Lower Mainland.  Maybe the interior.  Maybe in one of the First Nations areas that needs infrastructure, roads etc.  I don't know the economics of farm teams, but they can't be designed to make money, so why not have them do development/something for the province?

20 minutes ago, gameburn said:

It's an interesting time to follow hockey: the technology makes games more available for the fan, but the players still have the real world problem of getting around, being awake when they do move back and forth between cities/farm teams.  The trend of putting a farm team in the home city is interesting.  We already have a Jr. team in Vancouver, but it would be interesting to see whether a farm team (Kalamazoo?) could be put in BC, perhaps even the Lower Mainland.  Maybe the interior.  Maybe in one of the First Nations areas that needs infrastructure, roads etc.  I don't know the economics of farm teams, but they can't be designed to make money, so why not have them do development/something for the province?

alaska aces the only team up north in the echl almost a token throw in, record not so good, i live in the north  pr bc, hockey is lot bigger than ppl realize, up here. can't see the ECHL being the league to  start moving north 

Just now, chon derry said:

alaska aces the only team up north in the echl almost a token throw in, record not so good, i live in the north  pr bc, hockey is lot bigger than ppl realize, up here. can't the echo being the league to  start moving north

Sounds like a good idea. 

Archived