The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask One one two Anything

Master 112

1 hour ago, Middle Child said:

A couple of years ago Stealth made a thread where users were asked to decide new titles for those who posted above them. I posted but no one ever chose a title for me--all the posts subsequent to mine were off-topic. And so I was given the title 'Got skipped.'

Much later Stealth posted another thread where he was handing out titles for people once again. That only lead to the 'again' being appended to my title as I guess he couldn't decide on something else to suit me.

As a middle child I'm used to this kind of stuff so no biggie i suppose. :( I'm not very memorable.

Oh, I remember that now. 

Wait, who are you and what have you done with 112?

2 hours ago, Middle Child said:

A couple of years ago Stealth made a thread where users were asked to decide new titles for those who posted above them. I posted but no one ever chose a title for me--all the posts subsequent to mine were off-topic. And so I was given the title 'Got skipped.'

Much later Stealth posted another thread where he was handing out titles for people once again. That only lead to the 'again' being appended to my title as I guess he couldn't decide on something else to suit me.

As a middle child I'm used to this kind of stuff so no biggie i suppose. :( I'm not very memorable.

That's a cool and interesting story.

In a future mafia game(s), which would you prefer? (in my reference to you)

MC or Mid

2 hours ago, One one two said:

underrated post btw

y'all need culture

Aw, you gave up an incredibly unique title that not only reflected your history, but defined a component of CDC culture in a way that few do.

I do welcome the familiar 112 though.

3 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Ever read Meditations by Aurelius?

That text is for moms.

Nietzsche was the better aphorist and also happens to be the primordial neckbeard, which is vastly more impressive than anything Aurelius accomplished.

3 minutes ago, One one two said:

That text is for moms.

Nietzsche was the better aphorist and also happens to be the primordial neckbeard, which is vastly more impressive than anything Aurelius accomplished.

I might check out Nietzsche some day, but I would like to read Meditations nonetheless...

2 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

May have been asked but where does this interest in philosophy stem from?

Mostly it's intellectual posturing. I think I'm smart and have a huge ego. Also, epistemology is cool beans and I find human thought to be beautiful. The world is chaotic and it's fascinating to discover all the different ways people have tried to bring coherence to it throughout history. And moreover philosophy is a great mental exercise; I want to get an education of some kind but I'm not sure what specifically I want to do yet. Studying thought and methodology generally seems to be a good idea for now. Application can come later.

@thejazz97 ive never actually read it, only seen excerpts here and there lol. i just like having a strong opinion on everything. although it really does seem like a self-help book that's been set on a pedestal by virtue of its age alone. the stoics were hardly interesting when viewed next to the other schools of thought dominant in and around Athens in antiquity, and by the time Aurelius was ruling the Romans already ****ed everything up tbh

@falcon45ca will get back to you with my thesis on that once I've looked up what you're asking

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

@One one two A girl I'm a bit interested in told me she was into reading plays and was in the middle of A Midsummer Night's Dream, so I bought her a Comedy of Errors for her birthday. Did I do the right thing?

have you read it?

if yes, and you can talk about it, then yes

if no, then no

Archived