The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask One one two Anything

Master 112

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

What's the most surprising thing about the big city for you?

I wouldn't say I'm surprised by anything, but it's weird having so many amenities everywhere. There's a Starbucks and a sushi place - often more than one - on every block whereas Smithers doesn't have one in the whole city.

Also it's goddamn massive. Ridding on the Skytrain to New West and back, looking out the window and seeing buildings occupying the whole ground over such a large space is trippy.

11 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

CDC members you'd lke to meet in person?

tbh I could only list a few members whom I would not want to meet.

But I'll say Otis, Toews, and Jasper.

9 minutes ago, Intoewsables said:

What is your opinion on bipolar magnetic reversal theory?

I think we should leave the polar bears out of this.

19 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Are you a believer in spontaneous human combustion?

I don't have anything witty to say to this. I mean, I don't believe in it, but what if it's happened, you know?

6 minutes ago, Intoewsables said:

No idea who this Jasper guy is but I'm down tbh.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/maditsmadfunny/images/8/80/Casper_the_Friendly_Ghost.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130429193457

CDC meet-up guys let's do it already

4 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Well your avatar and demeanor characterize you as some sort of Larry Darrell.  Welcome to the Big Smoke.

The Razor's Edge

tells the story of Larry Darrell, an American pilot traumatised by his experiences in World War I, who sets off in search of some transcendent meaning in his life. The story begins through the eyes of Larry's friends and acquaintances as they witness his personality change after the War. His rejection of conventional life and search for meaningful experience allows him to thrive while the more materialistic characters suffer reversals of fortune.[/quote]

I'm not familiar with the character/story but the blurb above pleases me. And I don't smoke, but I do appreciate the offer.

The Big Smoke is what the natives used to call Toronto some 200 years ago.  That has been transferred over time to mean any big city in Canada.

The Razors Edge is one of the more worth while efforts of the 20th century.  It is a post WWI novel about people left at odds with the world in the aftermath of the great war.  It does however stand up to time.  Highly recommended.

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

The Big Smoke is what the natives used to call Toronto some 200 years ago.  That has been transferred over time to mean any big city in Canada.

The Razors Edge is one of the more worth while efforts of the 20th century.  It is a post WWI novel about people left at odds with the world in the aftermath of the great war.  It does however stand up to time.  Highly recommended.

Ahh, I picked up that you were referencing Vancouver with 'Big Smoke' but didn't know the part about the natives. It also poked memories of GTA: San Andreas.

It sounds like a good read. I'll check it out - thanks.

17 hours ago, One one two said:

tbh I could only list a few members whom I would not want to meet.

But I'll say Otis, Toews, and Jasper.

I am broken hearted because I wasn't on your list, I am so offended I'm not going to ask you a question and I might even stop breaking into to your room to watch you sleep. :(

Archived