The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask One one two Anything

Master 112

6 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

What's the weirdest thing you've ever seen in Vancouver?

I saw a guy - his name was Sophis iirc - who was walking around with a parrot perched on his shoulder. pretty cool stuff.

I had a suite in the DTES for five months and that's all I've got. disappointing.

2 hours ago, JohnLocke said:

What's your biggest regret in life? 

hm. I'm too young for regrets and don't think I'm on a terrible path.

I suppose though that I would be better off right now if I had placed more import on school and learning when I was younger. I acted out enough to get removed from public school and entered into a homeschooling program when I was ~six. My parents were not equipped to teach me, nor did they care to, and so I was allowed to screw around for like twelve years while all of my peers were cultivating their minds and developing intellectually and stuff.

I missed out on some obvious things like socialization (I'm awkward af) and developing a work ethic. It also took me an extra year to graduate. Mostly however I feel I suffered because I never learned any mathematics and it turns out that that stuff is actually super important--especially, as it happens, in the fields I have the most interest in. I'm looking to start a degree program in September already a few years behind everyone else, and it looks like I'm going to have to take some remedial courses and learn myself on some concepts I should have been introduced to a long time ago.

So yeah I'd probably be in a better position right now had I not shunned my education. So it goes.

still though **** school

2 hours ago, One one two said:

hm. I'm too young for regrets and don't think I'm on a terrible path.

I suppose though that I would be better off right now if I had placed more import on school and learning when I was younger. I acted out enough to get removed from public school and entered into a homeschooling program when I was ~six. My parents were not equipped to teach me, nor did they care to, and so I was allowed to screw around for like twelve years while all of my peers were cultivating their minds and developing intellectually and stuff.

I missed out on some obvious things like socialization (I'm awkward af) and developing a work ethic. It also took me an extra year to graduate. Mostly however I feel I suffered because I never learned any mathematics and it turns out that that stuff is actually super important--especially, as it happens, in the fields I have the most interest in. I'm looking to start a degree program in September already a few years behind everyone else, and it looks like I'm going to have to take some remedial courses and learn myself on some concepts I should have been introduced to a long time ago.

So yeah I'd probably be in a better position right now had I not shunned my education. So it goes.

still though **** school

at least you recognize the problem and are working on it. Thats better than half the people I know

It's not too late to turn it around. Keep at it!

19 minutes ago, One one two said:

I dont even own a car wtf

who said anything about a car? If you don't like me and don't want me to post in your thread just say so... I will leave and cry lots but I will get over it in like a decade or two.... you are just prolonging my grieving. 

3 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

Who really is R.C. Christian?

Do you agree with his 1st of 10 commandments?

Reading the Guidestones' wikipedia page he appears to be a quasi-religious hippie burnout and also an impressive polyglot. John Milton?

No. The earth can sustain many more people than that. As well, there's nothing inherently valuable about nature. It's people who assign value to it. If Mr. Christian's belief is that humans should live in balance with nature only because it should be respected as something intrinsically valuable, and not because we have the power to ruin ourselves by not respecting it, I think he's fundamentally in the wrong.

Moreover I'm an antinatalist. Let's stop reproducing altogether imo.

Archived