The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade *PROPOSAL*: DAL/VAN- C.Higgins for Radek Faksa

We may have a possible trading partner in Dallas.

With a very deep team, the Dallas Stars have every intention of competing for the Stanley Cup. Could a player like Higgins solidify their top 9 forward group for a deep playoff run? Aside from their current roster players they have no reserves, in case of injury playing in the minors. Higgins could be a vital piece for the Stars heading into the playoffs. He is defensively sound and can also provide some timely goals.

Faksa is a 2012 first round pick at number 13 by Dallas. He's a centreman, with good size (6'3, 210) and decent skills, projected to be a shutdown two way guy as a 2 or 3 C position. At 52% he's not bad on the faceoff dot either ( a notable weakness of the Canucks). 

Faska has been compared to a poor mans Eric Stall and also has some of Logan Couture in his game. So far He's had a hard time stickin in the Dallas lineup. He put up good numbers in jr. But in his 40 games with the Texas Stars , Dallas's AHL affiliate, he has only put up 14 points. This is his first year getting a chance at the NHL level but so far he's been in and out of the lineup, playing only 18 games and putting up 3 points. He's recently been sent back down to the A.  

I think this is pretty much the type of player Higgins can get us.  Another fringe-project-prospect signed for two more years  to ELC who is showing much less than his draft rank expectations. This seems like another issue of fit more than anything for a prospect  and their current team. 

Also Dallas could use a solid vet with experience, more than a player with Faksa's resume. 

We can hold onto 1.5 mills of Higgins contract for next two years while Dallas loads up with an experienced NHL vet, who is solid both ways, great penalty killer and if he skates in a fast team like Dallas could put up depth scoring.

Nhl profile: http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8476889&view=stats

Hockeys Future: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/radek_faksa/

Dallas team Cap: http://capfriendly.com/?p=team-cap&team=Dallas%20Stars

http://youtu.be/Zttcl-jZ0E0

http://youtu.be/rVM4_sMS11Y

30 minutes ago, YEGCanuck said:

Sounds like an interesting "Proposal".

You get it! That's why it's in the "Proposals and Arm-chairing" section. 

28 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Dude put Proposal you idiot

19 minutes ago, hammertime said:

nice troll job.

26 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

you idiot. add Proposal,

had me trying to turn on 1040, and log into 4 different sports sites all at once all the while thinking But its Sunday night , this can't be true. 

What a great reaction everybody, why don't you give yourselves a hand.

Can't make a mistake on this forum, cause when you do that's how fellow Canuck fans treat you. 

5 minutes ago, Tavrohorvat53 said:

Can't make a mistake on this forum, cause when you do that's how fellow Canuck fans treat you. 

Don't let it happen again. Otherwise you'll really get to know how fellow Canuck fans will treat you for this type of behavior.

btw you left out this one.

An outlandish proposal like that is a good way to get slapped.

just having some fun with you rook, take it like a champ....

Just now, Tavrohorvat53 said:

Not when a player is on the trading block, news coming out today and a trade could come out anyday. Bad time for a "mistake"    buddy. Especially when your topic title said " Trade : DAL/VAN- C.Higgins for Radek Faksa

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Not when a player is on the trading block, news coming out today and a trade could come out anyday. Bad time for a "mistake"    buddy. Especially when your topic title said " Trade : DAL/VAN- C.Higgins for Radek Faksa

But I did put it in the correct section no? It was a mistake but I could care less what people think my intention was. Now stop clogging up the discussion if you have nothing to say regarding the original post.

Just now, Tavrohorvat53 said:

But I did put it in the correct section no? It was a mistake but I could care less what people think my intention was. Now stop clogging up the discussion if you have nothing to say regarding the original post.

you deserve a +1 for this, just for your youthful stupidity alone, if nothing else. 

Archived