The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade *PROPOSAL*: DAL/VAN- C.Higgins for Radek Faksa

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Why, are you from Surrey?

I thought it was a compliment.

I'm loving these posts. You're really showing your maturity here.

BTW do you spend your entire life on this forum cause that post count is mighty high and it's getting to your head. Find a hobby or get some friends it might do you some good.

1 minute ago, Drakrami said:

Definitely. Higgins is exactly what the stars need to win the cup. But you are underrating Higgins. He is at least worth 3 1st round picks. Does the stars have enough 1st rounders to trade for him? 

Hilarious!

Well Faksa's career is going like Jensens so maybe it's possible

Truth be told Tavrohorvat53, Chris Higgins is likely immovable via trade, even if we take back substantial salary. Everybody pro scouts now, we're not getting over on anyone anymore. It's plain to see ol' Higgy's get-up-and-go has done got-up-and-went, so to speak. Sad that.

But the good news is he had a good long run and Gillis did gift him the golden parachute.

lol. The OP has only made like 80 posts. Cut him some slack. Its not like you all didn't mistakes before on the forum either.

Lots CDC have their heads up their asses.

Way to treat a fellow fan eh? And you still don't understand why Canucks fans are one of the most hated fanbases in the league...

1 minute ago, Kanucklehead10 said:

lol. The OP has only made like 80 posts. Cut him some slack. Its not like you all didn't mistakes before on the forum either.

Lots of Canuck nation have their heads up their asses.

Way to treat a fellow fan eh? And you still don't understand why Canucks fans are one of the most hated in the league. pfft.

Well said, we've mistreated a brotherly 'Nucklehead in this thread. Let me be the first to apologize. 

United  'Nuckleheads forever!

Could be somewhat realistic, Faksa's like some of the other former 1st rounders (Jensen, Baertschi, Niederreiter, Etem, Oleksiak) whose sheen has worn off, they can be seen as little more than assets to fit areas of need, and Higgins could fit in well on a line with Fiddler and Eaves to give them excellent depth up front should the Stars decent they are in win-now mode (not that he'd be a final piece but like he was for us in 2011 he could be a solid foot soldier).  

For us a deal like this would fit in with what Trader Jim's been doing, getting more developed young guys in a push for youth, and in this case Etem likely gets a spot while Faksa or Gaunce could come up in the future as the youth movement progresses.  

Good proposal, OP.  Not saying it'd likely happen but at least it's more feasible than the other ideas I've seen on this forum. 

16 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Could be somewhat realistic, Faksa's like some of the other former 1st rounders (Jensen, Baertschi, Niederreiter, Etem, Oleksiak) whose sheen has worn off, they can be seen as little more than assets to fit areas of need, and Higgins could fit in well on a line with Fiddler and Eaves to give them excellent depth up front should the Stars decent they are in win-now mode (not that he'd be a final piece but like he was for us in 2011 he could be a solid foot soldier).  

For us a deal like this would fit in with what Trader Jim's been doing, getting more developed young guys in a push for youth, and in this case Etem likely gets a spot while Faksa or Gaunce could come up in the future as the youth movement progresses.  

Good proposal, OP.  Not saying it'd likely happen but at least it's more feasible than the other ideas I've seen on this forum. 

Nicely put, this is exactly what my thought process was.

It fits the needs of both sides. Dallas gets an NHL ready player in Higgins, that can slot into the top 9 , and Vancouver a young solid player which could be a great bottom 6 fwd for us going forward. 

If this deal or something similar( involving a fourth or fifth rounder) was on the table the Canucks should absolutely do it. 

In the process we add another first rounder in exchange for Higgins and a high pick. 

In addition to a potential first for Vrbatta, and our own pick we could be injecting our lineup with two more first rounders for a total of 3 in 2016!

lol

- We tried trading him this summer, nobody wanted him.

- Still nobody wants him, that JB has to go public and tell the world they are trying to trade him, basically begging someone to take him.

- Now Dallas will come up and trade a former 1st rounder (13th overall) for him?!?!?  I don't care how disappointing Faksa has been for Dallas, ain't gonna happen.  If Dallas wanted him, we would have settle for a 6th-7th rounder already.

7 hours ago, Kanucklehead10 said:

Way to treat a fellow fan eh? And you still don't understand why Canucks fans are one of the most hated fanbases in the league...

Is it because of our dashing good looks?

10 hours ago, Tavrohorvat53 said:

But I did put it in the correct section no? It was a mistake but I could care less what people think my intention was. Now stop clogging up the discussion if you have nothing to say regarding the original post.

When people visit the main forum, new topics appear on the right without an indication of the sub-forum they belong to. There is a reason why every other proposal in the proposal sub forum has the [proposal] tag.

9 hours ago, Kanucklehead10 said:

IMO, the comments are based on two fails...the first is missing the proposal tag, which at the end of the day should be a non-issue since the moment you enter the thread, you realize it's just a proposal. 

The second is the proposal itself...thinking that Jim Nill, an astute hockey man, would give up on a former 13th overall who is in his first year of pro hockey is, well, laughable.  Higgins has been on the block for nearly a year, with no takers, and all of sudden, Nill would gift wrap a 20 yo for him?  Sure that will only happen in bizarro world. 

1 hour ago, bigbadcanucks said:

The second is the proposal itself...thinking that Jim Nill, an astute hockey man, would give up on a former 13th overall who is in his first year of pro hockey is, well, laughable.  Higgins has been on the block for nearly a year, with no takers, and all of sudden, Nill would gift wrap a 20 yo for him?  Sure that will only happen in bizarro world. 

4 hours ago, timberz21 said:

lol

- We tried trading him this summer, nobody wanted him.

- Still nobody wants him, that JB has to go public and tell the world they are trying to trade him, basically begging someone to take him.

- Now Dallas will come up and trade a former 1st rounder (13th overall) for him?!?!?  I don't care how disappointing Faksa has been for Dallas, ain't gonna happen.  If Dallas wanted him, we would have settle for a 6th-7th rounder already.

Maybe you guys are correct. But as it stands  Faksa's career as a 21 year old is trending like Jensens, so maybe Dallas will want to get something they can use now in their playoff hopes and even after signing Higgins can potentially save 1.5 million in salary each year for a couple of years. Faksa has spent 2 seasons in the A (Jensen has had  3), not great numbers, was projected to be little more than a shut down guy, and now in his first season in the show has played only 19 games and amassed only 3 points, and is often in and out of the lineup because lindy ruff would rather have a more experienced, trustworthy player on the ice that someone who's been inconsistent his first two years as a pro. I value Higgins as much as a prospect like Faksa yes. He's value has diminished by now and it's dangerously floating around a bust of a first rounder. 

For or what it's worth Higgins is also a first rounder at number 14th overall. He's career numbers have been very consistent, and even as early as last 2 years has had 39 points in 2013-14 and 36 points in 2014-15.  And his numbers were also amazingly good in the A and the NHL right from his first season.

So you're getting a solid player here in Higgins with a good history and pedigree instead of a kid who hasn't figured out the pro game yet and needs more time to develop. Simple as that. 

And maybe Jim Nill does see the value in doing a trade like this. 

29 minutes ago, Tavrohorvat53 said:

Maybe you guys are correct. But as it stands  Faksa's career as a 21 year old is trending like Jensens, so maybe Dallas will want to get something they can use now in their playoff hopes and even after signing Higgins can potentially save 1.5 million in salary each year for a couple of years. Faksa has spent 2 seasons in the A (Jensen has had  3), not great numbers, was projected to be little more than a shut down guy, and now in his first season in the show has played only 19 games and amassed only 3 points, and is often in and out of the lineup because lindy ruff would rather have a more experienced, trustworthy player on the ice that someone who's been inconsistent his first two years as a pro. I value Higgins as much as a prospect like Faksa yes. He's value has diminished by now and it's dangerously floating around a bust of a first rounder. 

For or what it's worth Higgins is also a first rounder at number 14th overall. He's career numbers have been very consistent, and even as early as last 2 years has had 39 points in 2013-14 and 36 points in 2014-15.  And his numbers were also amazingly good in the A and the NHL right from his first season.

So you're getting a solid player here in Higgins with a good history and pedigree instead of a kid who hasn't figured out the pro game yet and needs more time to develop. Simple as that. 

Have you seen Higgins' numbers from 2015-2016?  That's really the only number that matters.  Higgins was a first rounder in 2002, which is an eternity in the NHL and irrelevant after a player's been in the league or been a pro for more than 10 years.  Faksa is a second year pro and is hardly a bust at this stage.  

And how are the Stars going to save $1.5M?  The only way Nill saves any money is if the Canucks take on 50% Higgins' contract ($1.25M and the max. they can retain), and even that is going to cost him more about $600K more because Faksa is on ELC for another year.  And based on your projection of Faksa, he's going to be lucky to get the league minimum on his ELC+1 contract.

Obviously, we see Higgins' value much differently.  No one has been interested in him for a long time.  No one has even been willing to give up a late draft pick for him.  But somehow, he's magically = Faksa because of the circumstances of each team?  If I'm Jim Nill and I want a veteran presence that Higgins brings, I wait and "gamble" he's available for a waiver claim.  

1 hour ago, Tavrohorvat53 said:

In his prime Higgins was traded to the Canucks for a 3rd round pick.  Now 4-5 years later he's banged up, over the hill and has a bad contract.

Faksa was drafted the same year as Gaunce and has similar AHL numbers this year.  Would you trade 2016 Higgins for Gaunce, if we were contenders?

15 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

I agree with your angle. The type of deals we are able to make are the "projects" like Baertschi, Etem.

They remind me of the deals we made for Nasland and Bertuzzi. Not the same talent but the respected clubs had given up on them and we have given them a chance to play and develop.  

I only caution the fans not to put too much pressure on them. Let's just throw the dice and hope for the best. 

On January 11, 2016 at 1:17 AM, Tavrohorvat53 said:

You get it! That's why it's in the "Proposals and Arm-chairing" section. 

What a great reaction everybody, why don't you give yourselves a hand.

Can't make a mistake on this forum, cause when you do that's how fellow Canuck fans treat you. 

Eventually you get used to it, laugh it off and go on with your day. Couple more years.

On January 11, 2016 at 5:55 PM, TigerTiger said:

I agree with your angle. The type of deals we are able to make are the "projects" like Baertschi, Etem.

They remind me of the deals we made for Nasland and Bertuzzi. Not the same talent but the respected clubs had given up on them and we have given them a chance to play and develop.  

I only caution the fans not to put too much pressure on them. Let's just throw the dice and hope for the best. 

Funny you say that. That one picture of Etem arriving; a fraction of a second I thought it was Bertuzzi.

I instantly thought of Vey as Morrison. 

I wonder who Naslund would be in this case...

Archived