The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Bowie dead at 69

GLASSJAW

8 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

I'll inform the BBC, The New York Times, Bowie's rep, and Bowie's son that "media mass" has confirmed that it's all a hoax and he's actually still alive

Geez, if you have thiose kind of solid sources you should post them here. All I could find is garbage sources on either side. Looks like you're probably right, but I sure hope not.

3 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Geez, if you have thiose kind of solid sources you should post them here. All I could find is garbage sources on either side. Looks like you're probably right, but I sure hope not.

The link I supported is from Pitchfork, the biggest music website on the internet, and has references and links to all the sources it mentions. 

Seemed most of the major rock/pop stars were hangin' in longer than I'd expected. Considering their extreme lifestyles, that is.

Look at the Stones..surprised they're mostly still rolling.

Was it 2 yrs back that Bowie's bud Lou Reed, passed on? Such legends of the 60's & 70's..but they were so cool back in the day, fans then probably didn't want to see them 'grow old'.

So many memories wrapped up in the music of one like Bowie. It feels like the death of an old friend.

Fav tune would be Starman.

Certainly no coincidence - but this is the single/video David Bowie just released a few days ago. This is an absolutely brilliant song, and the album is great too. Within the context of his illness (and now death), the song and video certainly have an eerie vibe.

4 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

The link I supported is from Pitchfork, the biggest music website on the internet, and has references and links to all the sources it mentions. 

Nothing from BBC or the Times in the link, though Hollywood Reporter is decent. Lets agree then that he probably is deceased (RIP) and hope we're wrong. A generational talent and by all accounts a decent guy too.

13 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

Certainly no coincidence - but this is the single/video David Bowie just released a few days ago. This is an absolutely brilliant song, and the album is great too. Within the context of his illness (and now death), the song and video certainly have an eerie vibe.

Its like he's telling us he's near the end...

Archived