The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Cleared Waivers] Canucks Assign F Chris Higgins to Utica

Hobbes!!!

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

what are you talking about??? plus why are you whining about Burrows - he is next

He's talking about the past 2 seasons prior when he seemed to be one of the only players who was actually willing to play hockey during the "Torts" Era instead of just whining about things, but it's glad to see the "What have you done for me this week" mentality of CDC remains strong around here, Cheers! :rolleyes:

I doubt anybody wants him.  A waiver claim will mean that no asset has to be given up but a claiming team would pick up his full salary and cap hit. 

I can't imagine Higgins would report to Utica.  It's a shame because he could be a useful piece for somebody.  I guess the issue is his salary.

Just now, chilliwiggins said:

well they were talking 4 or 5 teams interested.    hmm  sounds fishy.  think Mackenzie might be full of it

Interested in him at half price...the management would rather lose him for nothing and save cap space. I don't blame them for trying

Anyone know how the unconditional waivers work? Is Higgins eligible? I know he has to agree to walk away from the money though

i think once he has a taste of riding the bus down in the minors he'll start to really miss the chartered first class living nhl players have and start to consider leaving the money 

25 minutes ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

This guy doesn't deserve a NHL spot. Simple as that.

For as much hate as Higgins gets, I can think of a few worse players in the NHL than him.
Last 4 years he has been a steady 30+ point player. Just a guy having a horrible year right now. Broken foot etc. Hard to be your motivated self when your team tells you they are trying to trade you and no one wants you.

If he starts killing it in the AHL, There may be teams calling Benning up. Hopefully Higgins goes on a tear right up to the trade deadline.

2 minutes ago, Whale Tail said:

For as much hate as Higgins gets, I can think of a few worse players in the NHL than him.
Last 4 years he has been a steady 30+ point player. Just a guy having a horrible year right now. Broken foot etc. Hard to be your motivated self when your team tells you they are trying to trade you and no one wants you.

If he starts killing it in the AHL, There may be teams calling Benning up. Hopefully Higgins goes on a tear right up to the trade deadline.

I don't think he gets claimed, but he might.  

3 minutes ago, Whale Tail said:

Dont get your hopes up 

10 minutes ago, billabong said:

Anyone know how the unconditional waivers work? Is Higgins eligible? I know he has to agree to walk away from the money though

i think once he has a taste of riding the bus down in the minors he'll start to really miss the chartered first class living nhl players have and start to consider leaving the money 

Unconditional waivers is only available at 2 specific times during the offseason. June 15-30 providing the Cup has been awarded, and within 2 days of the conclusion of the last arbitration case, if there are any.

Roughly.

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I hope he gets scooped, but you never know. Maybe his agent was spending the last few days championing his player so that a GM will take a flyer on him when he hits waivers as opposed to an out and out trade.

I was just thinking a trade would mean the Canucks retain some of his salary.  I don't see a claim for him.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I was just thinking a trade would mean the Canucks retain some of his salary.  I don't see a claim for him.

You're right, they could retain some, and that might still happen later, but if he is put on waivers tomorrow then teams weren't interested I guess. 

He can still be bought out after the season.

Archived