Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Cleared Waivers] Canucks Assign F Chris Higgins to Utica


Hobbes!!!

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, J.R. said:

They've been trying to move him for like a year. This was very much a hail Mary move to try and keep him in the league out of respect for him. I'm not sure how or why that's surprising?

 

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Again, not sure why this is surprising and evidently so confusing to so many...

In the same way that some have been completely unable to grasp what Benning has been doing all along.  They don't understand the buyouts, the trades, or the signings, and that includes much of the media.  For those of us that do get it, we knew it was just a matter of time and that the results would speak for themselves.  Guess we have to be patient for a bit longer while they continue to scratch their heads and in some cases moan and complain about things they admit they can't for whatever reason comprehend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, John Tortorella said:

Irony is the player etem was traded for is 23 and 1st rounder. Unsure if your aware. 

... Jensen could not crack the big club's lineup. And frankly, after seeing one game of what Etem can do; Benning wins. Jensen seemed to be gaining AV's confidence though so that might help him rejuvenate his career.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC  1m1 minute ago

Connauton (CLB) and Higgins (VAN) on waivers

 

Connaughton is $683K cap hit

lol, cue the next round of, "Get him... should have never let him go... he's great... better than Weber... why not... nothing to lose..."

This is what now -- third time on waivers in the last year or so?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Well, as I said, they appeared to try to handle it the standard/un-'odd' way for about a year. SOMETHING had to happen eventually and the Etem trade made it a requirement to do sooner than later. Out of respect for him and his services, they tried somewhat more unorthodox methods to try and help him stay in the league ANYWHERE. So far, it hasn't appeared to have worked.

Again, not sure why this is surprising and evidently so confusing to so many...

J.r I understand the circumstances and I prefer Etem and honestly I never was a big higgy fan but to put out a press release was strange especially given the player didn't as for a trade.

Anyhow this seems trivial given I much prefer Etem on this team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

J.r I understand the circumstances and I prefer Etem and honestly I never was a big higgy fan but to put out a press release was strange especially given the player didn't as for a trade.

Anyhow this seems trivial given I much prefer Etem on this team.

Did you even read my post? Hail Mary after trying to move him by more conventional means for like a year. That's why.

Why is it 'strange' they'd try EVERYTHING they could to try and help him out? If this was a year ago, I might understand your confusion but...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Did you even read my post? Hail Mary after trying to move him by more conventional means for like a year. That's why.

Why is it 'strange' they'd try EVERYTHING they could to try and help him out? If this was a year ago, I might understand your confusion but...

I did read it. Clearly every g.m knew he was available just no interest. Again I still find the situation strange but it doesn't bother me it just odd to have a press release to announce that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

+/- is a deceiving stat. He needed sheltered minutes and can't handle playing vs good players.

We already have a Weber.

But the next closest player is Kerby Rychel at +4... Nobody else is close. Connauton has been averaging over 15 minutes a night and he's on pace for 25 points in 82 games. All that on Columbus. He's also a pending RFA with a miniscule cap hit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I did read it. Clearly every g.m knew he was available just no interest. Again I still find the situation strange but it doesn't bother me it just odd to have a press release to announce that.

Probably fundamentalist fan management

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BaerOxHitman said:

But the next closest player is Kerby Rychel at +4... Nobody else is close. Connauton has been averaging over 15 minutes a night and he's on pace for 25 points in 82 games. All that on Columbus. He's also a pending RFA with a miniscule cap hit.

So if his stat line is so good, why is Columbus putting him on waivers when they can just keep him since he's apparently playing well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...