The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Denis Potvin apologizes to Daniel sedin for broadcast comments

Me16

"My choice of words at the conclusion of the Vancouver game on Monday should have been more appropriate," the three-time Norris Trophy winner said in the statement. "In the passion of the moment and under the circumstances of how the game ended, they came out wrong. For that I'm going to extend my sincere apologies to Daniel Sedin, Trevor Linden and the Canucks organization."

The bold says he's sorry for the way he said it, not what he said....

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm over it. Potvin said something stupid in the heat of the moment, has seen that virtually everyone thinks it was a stupid comment and is backing off his statement.

Sincere or not, he's apologized and looks worse than anyone who was on the ice at the time of the scrum. Good enough for me...

Here here. I can't believe people are now saying his apology isn't good enough. What do they want from the guy? To forcibly change his opinion and thoughts?

I never really cared to begin with. No idea why people are so butthurt and concerned over a mild comment in a long string of BS jabs at the Sedins. Who cares what he thinks? As if he knows the first thing about them on or off the ice anyways

Good for Potvin, he should have apologized, and he did.  I've said some pretty dumb things that I didn't mean in the heat of passion, I think this is one of those things.  Just FYI, he didn't apologize to the CDC or Canucks fans in general so it doesn't matter if you accept it or not.  He had nothing to apologize to us for.  Also, if anyone here defends Burrows but chastises Potvin, they're acting hypocritical.

Archived