Brayden McNabb (RFA)

Cedric Paquette (RFA)

Philip Samuelsson (RFA)

Vincent Trocheck (RFA)

Klas Dahlbeck (RFA)

Ronalds Kenins (RFA)

Alexandre Grenier (RFA)

Alex Biega (RFA)

This is by far one of the bigger, better draft classes. Who do you think moves, and where?

EDIT: Wrong sub? :(

We have enough money to pitch a offer to stamkoes, every team in the NHL will pitch an offer,

just because we have the money, in the end stamkoes decides where he wants to play, why in the hell would he choose Vancouver? Lots of better options out there. so every one calm your sh*t, he ain't coming here 

12 hours ago, Edlerberry said:

you realize that once you're 'behind the curve' on training, especially when size is a concern as a rookie, you're SOL 'till season end. Theres not enough rest between cardio events to make significant gains 'till offseason - something he didn't get last year.

oh but that was so long ago and his performance is still way under par, so bust right.

i love the irony that cassels is putting up numbers recently and is playing top pp due to injuries/callups and was on the ice for both goals last game, and then you make that statement.

I never said he was a bust.  I'm not stupid. I would never write off a 19 year old kid.  

I said he isn't ready for the NHL and is struggling in the AHL  

And because he had one good game recently doesn't mean a thing. Be realistic.                              

No time to make physical gains?  So he needs to gain size, muscle and speed? And because he hasn't had that chance, what does that mean?   IF he had the time to do that he could be ready for the AHL?    BUT he didn't  so he isn't ready.  Like I said.  All I said was he isn't ready  don't cry about it.

He has big potential to be a good player in the NHL.    Just not yet. 

I can see Cam Ward to Edmonton, I think Calgary will re-sign Ramo, while not the greatest hes good eneough to hold things down until Ortio, and more importanty our prize goalie prospect Gillies is ready.  Hudler I think might wind up in Nashville, Calgarys done with him, I thought that when they signed Frolik in the summer, Frolik is basically the same player, a bit stronger defensivley and younger, I can see Nashville taking Hudler though, Possibly the Leafs may through some money his way too.  I honestly do see Stamkos leaving TBL and likely going to Toronto, I wouldnt be surprised at all if that happens, Most of the RFAs stay put, Brad Richards I think will float to a contender, maybe the Kings depending on how the rest of their contracts go, I can see Lucic staying in LA, if he doesnt though I can also see Edmonton way overpaying for him, as a big strong guy who can play top 6, has a Cup ring and loads of playoff experience, I was thinking about that earlier in the year, I can see Edmonton unloading Eberle or RNH for picks and or prospects to get some money off the books and then overpay bigtime for Looch, as well I can see the Oilers making an overypayment for Luke Schenn, unless Reinhardt makes the jump to the big club next year and Nurse continues to progress as well as he has.  I wonder if the Canucks will qualify Baer or not, with the 1 year signing I think they are really trying to see if hes worth a long term investment or not, being the streaky soft guy he is, I wouldnt be surprised either way, I guess its tough to say, as he has gelled nicely lately with Bo, but I just dont know, Ill make a more educated guess towards the end of the season on that one, I think Hamhuis might wind up in Detroit, they love older players, and I think JB may want to try to bring in more youth D next season, much as hes done with the forward group this year.  

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:46 PM, Trebreh said:

Imagine having these two monster on the same team.

Yeah it would answer every single bell. They are both on top of the food chain for sure. The way Buff grabbed both Kesler and Maroon was awesome. Just manhandled their stupid asses.

7 hours ago, CALGARY! said:

I can see Cam Ward to Edmonton, I think Calgary will re-sign Ramo, while not the greatest hes good eneough to hold things down until Ortio, and more importanty our prize goalie prospect Gillies is ready.  Hudler I think might wind up in Nashville, Calgarys done with him, I thought that when they signed Frolik in the summer, Frolik is basically the same player, a bit stronger defensivley and younger, I can see Nashville taking Hudler though, Possibly the Leafs may through some money his way too.  I honestly do see Stamkos leaving TBL and likely going to Toronto, I wouldnt be surprised at all if that happens, Most of the RFAs stay put, Brad Richards I think will float to a contender, maybe the Kings depending on how the rest of their contracts go, I can see Lucic staying in LA, if he doesnt though I can also see Edmonton way overpaying for him, as a big strong guy who can play top 6, has a Cup ring and loads of playoff experience, I was thinking about that earlier in the year, I can see Edmonton unloading Eberle or RNH for picks and or prospects to get some money off the books and then overpay bigtime for Looch, as well I can see the Oilers making an overypayment for Luke Schenn, unless Reinhardt makes the jump to the big club next year and Nurse continues to progress as well as he has.  I wonder if the Canucks will qualify Baer or not, with the 1 year signing I think they are really trying to see if hes worth a long term investment or not, being the streaky soft guy he is, I wouldnt be surprised either way, I guess its tough to say, as he has gelled nicely lately with Bo, but I just dont know, Ill make a more educated guess towards the end of the season on that one, I think Hamhuis might wind up in Detroit, they love older players, and I think JB may want to try to bring in more youth D next season, much as hes done with the forward group this year.  

Wasn't Peter Chiarelli trying to trade Lucic when he was the Bruins gm? 

Hudler and Frolik are not similar btw. Hudler is light years more skilled than Frolik

And the Oilers can't just sign all those players lol. This ain't nhl 16. You also can't just move guys like Eberle and Hopkins without taking some salary back. 

31 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Wasn't Peter Chiarelli trying to trade Lucic when he was the Bruins gm? 

Hudler and Frolik are not similar btw. Hudler is light years more skilled than Frolik

And the Oilers can't just sign all those players lol. This ain't nhl 16. You also can't just move guys like Eberle and Hopkins without taking some salary back. 

Hudler and Frolik are quite similar in fact, they both play the same style game more or less, Hudlers a bit more offensive and Frolik more defensive, I knew as soon as Calgary signed him that they didn't intend to re sign Hudler, wouldn't even be surprised if Calgary traded him at the deadline TBH, whether or not they are in contention for a spot,  when Frolik gets healthy there is eneough depth up front to move him without it really effecting things too much, Hudler has already been demoted to the second line, he's losing a bit if Jump with age, can't keep up with Monny and Johnny anymore.  

And yea, I can certainly see the Oilers moving Eberle and RNH both, guaranteed there are about 29 teams in the league willing to make offers on them, and one or two of them will likely strike up a deal, and after seeing the new management in action for Edmonton last year I can certainly see them making a lot more big moves this year.  IMO they are doing a great job, watching the Oilers this year, despite their record, they actually have structure in their game now.  Are you honestly saying you can't see them overpaying for Looch?  He's the size they need in their top 6

35 minutes ago, CALGARY! said:

Hudler and Frolik are quite similar in fact, they both play the same style game more or less, Hudlers a bit more offensive and Frolik more defensive, I knew as soon as Calgary signed him that they didn't intend to re sign Hudler, wouldn't even be surprised if Calgary traded him at the deadline TBH, whether or not they are in contention for a spot,  when Frolik gets healthy there is eneough depth up front to move him without it really effecting things too much, Hudler has already been demoted to the second line, he's losing a bit if Jump with age, can't keep up with Monny and Johnny anymore.  

And yea, I can certainly see the Oilers moving Eberle and RNH both, guaranteed there are about 29 teams in the league willing to make offers on them, and one or two of them will likely strike up a deal, and after seeing the new management in action for Edmonton last year I can certainly see them making a lot more big moves this year.  IMO they are doing a great job, watching the Oilers this year, despite their record, they actually have structure in their game now.  Are you honestly saying you can't see them overpaying for Looch?  He's the size they need in their top 6

Hudler the dude who's barely 5'10 and hardly plays d is similar to the 6'2 defensive fwd Frolik? Frolik's never cracked the 50 point mark. They are different players. Frolik is a decent replacement but they're different players.

My point about Eberle and RNH was that you can't just ship out 12 million in cap space without taking salary back. That's how the nhl works. 

About Lucic, I questioned whether the Oilers GM would be interested in Lucic, after all the rumors in Boston of Chiarelli wanting to trade him. 

1 hour ago, Jiggs50 said:

Hudler the dude who's barely 5'10 and hardly plays d is similar to the 6'2 defensive fwd Frolik? Frolik's never cracked the 50 point mark. They are different players. Frolik is a decent replacement but they're different players.

My point about Eberle and RNH was that you can't just ship out 12 million in cap space without taking salary back. That's how the nhl works. 

About Lucic, I questioned whether the Oilers GM would be interested in Lucic, after all the rumors in Boston of Chiarelli wanting to trade him. 

Hudlers actually does play a quite sound defensive game, and at Froliks age I don't believe he had yet to even hit the 50 point mark, but I agree they are not identical, but Frolik was most certainly signed to replace Hudler, as Frolik still has many years of prime hockey in him and better fits the organizational needs of an extremely young Flames team.  

And I probably should have clarified, I didn't mean RNH and Eberle would go to the same team in some sort of monster deal, I can see each of them filling a role on different teams however, for Eberle especially has proven that he can lay clutch goals at elevated pressure games, as show cased in IIHF tourneys, I'm sure like I say many teams would be more then willing to give a good return on him, same to with the Nuge, a team with some fast big wingers could really put his playmaking skills to use.  I don't think its unreasonable at all to see Chiarelli find really good hockey trades for both these players, and as for Lucic, while rumours did circulate that Chirelli wanted to trade him, we can only guess it was to fill a different organizational need, as Boston had many large skilled forwards Lucic could have been deemed as a valuable trade piece for them to pick up a true #2 d for Chara at the time, however, in Edmonton the organizational needs are different and they need a gritty forward with some skill to put in the top 6, and I would go so far as to say that Lucic and Chiarellis past with each other only bolsters Edmontons chance of landing him.  While I certainly would not be keen on seeing the Oilers develop into a better team then the Flames, I have to admit that Chiarelli really has made impact moves and is addressing the teams weak spots, he appears to be filling the gaps in the roster while McLellan puts the pieces together and gives them direction.  They truly are a different team to watch this year, same crappy standings position, but they play a much more organized game, and I think once all the new acquisitions have a season or two to gel, along with McDavid and Draisilte emerging seriously hard, they may very well be an attractive place for free agents to want to come.

Aside from the Leafs, where else can anyone here see Stamkos landing?  I would think we would be hearing more about potential extensions from TB by now on a player at detrimental and young as the Stammer.  While I think he is gonna hold out and wait for Toronto to throw their pitch, I can see him listening to other teams as well, of course the elite cup contenders(Hawks/Kings) can't afford him, but I bet he might take interest in a young team that's projected to be a contender soon as well, one with a hockey market, a guy like Stamkos seems like he'd wanna play somewhere that he's showcased more, ie an Original six or Canadian team, or at least a US team with a following ala Minny.  Jets could probably afford to take a poke at him, and there ranked as one of the top teams coming up.  

Lilewise I forgot Bfugulen was a UFA this year too, that's another guy I can see the Oilers targeting hard.  I just have a feeling this year the Oilers are gonna make more of a splash through free agency and trades then who they draft with their first rounder.  GeeZ at the Pacifics pace they still aren't even out of contention for a playoff spot, all they need is a run where they do 11-4-1 or so and there right back in the mix, not unheard of, especially when McD is back 

On 1/14/2016 at 11:15 AM, thejazz97 said:

I would be okay with this

On 1/14/2016 at 11:02 AM, Blueberries said:

Won't do all:

Steven Stamkos - Canucks

Milan Lucic - Canucks

Where would the Canucks get the cap space for this? Especially when Stamkos's agent is hell bent on making him the highest paid player in the NHL?

I really think Stamoks will stay in Tampa Bay, the only reason there is talk about Toronto is the fact that it is Toronto. As soon as the Drouin news came out, so many people were screaming Toronto. Literally happens with every player in the league from Ontario (I know Drouin isn't from Ontario).

Lucic will re-sign with LA or head back out east. I don't think he will be coming to Vancouver.

Byfuglien, likely stays in Winnipeg or goes to not Vancouver.

I don't think the Canucks are in a position to sign players like these despite having cap room for it, We'll take a Jason Demers and I'll be happy with it. 

On January 15, 2016 at 6:58 AM, CALGARY! said:

Why on earth would Edmonton go after Ward, when Talbot is schedule to make 4M next year, for the next 3 years? If anything, Calgary would be the team looking to sign Ward, not Edmonton.

On January 14, 2016 at 7:36 PM, shiznak said:

Zero chance, even if we offer the max dollars and terms. Toronto will undoubtedly match that, and Stamkos is choosing Toronto over Vancouver 99.9% of the time.

But can Toronto say..."You can play with the Sedins"? We easily have enough cap and can still make a trade or two to make sure we have enough to sign both Lucic AND Stamkos. 

On January 14, 2016 at 0:11 PM, Filthy McNasty said:

We have enough money to pitch a offer to stamkoes, every team in the NHL will pitch an offer,

just because we have the money, in the end stamkoes decides where he wants to play, why in the hell would he choose Vancouver? Lots of better options out there. so every one calm your sh*t, he ain't coming here 

Anything is possible in FA.

Vancouver might not be the closest to winning, but we have a relatively bright future. I personally think that Toronto will get him, because of personal attractions, but, Vancouver has one thing on Toronto. Vancouver is one of the best places to live in the world. Toronto doesn't have that. 

5 hours ago, shiznak said:

Why on earth would Edmonton go after Ward, when Talbot is schedule to make 4M next year, for the next 3 years? If anything, Calgary would be the team looking to sign Ward, not Edmonton.

This was before EDM resigned Talbot. But yeah, I can see CGY signing Ward. It's close to home for him.

On 1/16/2016 at 4:06 AM, DeltaSwede said:

I really think Stamoks will stay in Tampa Bay, the only reason there is talk about Toronto is the fact that it is Toronto. As soon as the Drouin news came out, so many people were screaming Toronto. Literally happens with every player in the league from Ontario (I know Drouin isn't from Ontario).

Lucic will re-sign with LA or head back out east. I don't think he will be coming to Vancouver.

Byfuglien, likely stays in Winnipeg or goes to not Vancouver.

I don't think the Canucks are in a position to sign players like these despite having cap room for it, We'll take a Jason Demers and I'll be happy with it. 

Agreed.  The team is nowhere near a contender right now, so it isn't the right timing to bring in these big $$$ players.  Need to stay the course and develop the youngins.  Build a solid foundation and continue to draft winners.

I'm hoping for Demers as well.  Good pmd, key pp guy and decent in his own end; entering his prime years.  Could probably pick him up for around $4m X 4 (as a d on UFA it would probably be a little more).  He would fill a gaping hole on the d for sure.

Archived