The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Daniel and Henrik Sedin: The NHL’s forgotten superstars

homersexual

The NHL needs more articles like this. The Sedins are going to be those players that people miss watching. Unfortunately most people wont reflect on this or realize it until they are gone. No body will work the cycle like they do for a long, long time.

You know when announcers say "I haven't seen any body (insert hockey play/skill) since __________ back in the 80's". They will be saying that about the Sedins when referencing the cycle and line chemistry 30 years from now.

More and more of these types of articles coming out this year. Sedins deserve every one of them.

HNIC needs to do a segment next.

Finally it's good things you read and hear about players on this team instead of bad. Finally shaking the bad rep this team had.

2 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

The Sedins sadly enough will be run out of town or forced to retire early before they get envited back the following year to see their jerseys retired to the rafters. 

I don't think you're giving the Canucks fan base and management enough credit with this statement.

I'm sure if a poll was done now, an overwhelming majority of fans would say they are two of the greatest Canucks ever. They will always be welcomed in BC, this is their home.

Hell, they'll probably be offered positions in this organization by Linden if they don't go back to Sweden (which I think they will, anyways)

The Sedin's will not be run out of Vancouver or forced to retire early.  That would be a massive black mark on the city if they disrespected the most important players in franchise history.

Henrik and Daniel can basically write their own ticket with the Canucks and i'm sure they will make any decision regarding their career with Vancouver's best interest in mind.

Even if they do end up being the 'forgotten' superstars of this NHL era, I can guarantee you that a very large portion of the Canuck's fanbase will always remember them and their contributions to the team and city.

9 hours ago, hatedkid666 said:

Pisses me off the way they're treated

it should be humbling to be treated the way they are, and not be afraid to perform at the level at they do, because they are known around the league as talented and conditioned as they are. you're taught early in your life to not get sucked into bullying. hockey is no different. the sedin's conducted themselves in such a manner that it's almost a game show around the league to thrown them off their game, but you just can't.

sure, you can be a marchand and punch danny in the face 5 times and no one does anything, but to danny, his thought process is, i'm not 12 years old, **** this, just drop the puck and let me do my thing, if i have a separated shoulder or not, i'm here to play hockey, not gather around a locker and say this guy's a wus, let's target him. they respect their fellow man. thats a little too much to ask around this league

41 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

it should be humbling to be treated the way they are, and not be afraid to perform at the level at they do, because they are known around the league as talented and conditioned as they are. you're taught early in your life to not get sucked into bullying. hockey is no different. the sedin's conducted themselves in such a manner that it's almost a game show around the league to thrown them off their game, but you just can't.

sure, you can be a marchand and punch danny in the face 5 times and no one does anything, but to danny, his thought process is, i'm not 12 years old, **** this, just drop the puck and let me do my thing, if i have a separated shoulder or not, i'm here to play hockey, not gather around a locker and say this guy's a wus, let's target him. they respect their fellow man. thats a little too much to ask around this league

+1

I don't get it... They're by far the most dominant forces the nhl has ever seen. They should have numbers retired like 99. They actually dominate in an era where goalies actually have a chance to stop pucks. Put hank and Danny in 99s era and they score just as many  if not more points. 

Sedins > Universe. 

Everyone outside of Vancouver loves to rag on the Twins. It's really sad. From 2009-2012 they were the most dominant players in the game, and are arguably the best duo in NHL history. They don't get the respect they deserve. Two of the best players the NHL's ever seen. 

Ok so the Sedins have a pretty settled family in Vancouver right? Stan Smyl up to this day is a contributer of the Canucks, Linden is president. with thier hockey smarts, a perfect world would be seeing the Sedins being groomed into management after they retire.

Archived