The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Daniel and Henrik Sedin: The NHL’s forgotten superstars

homersexual

Badge of honour when people talk smack because they play on the other team...

Imagine if no one talked about them at all...

It is a joy to watch them play for the Canucks...especially in the other team's barn when they dominate with puck possession and make an unreal play for a goal.

The other team's fans are left speechless...there is usually a few seconds of silence or a quite buzz after they make such a play.

Excellent article. Thanks for sharing. 

Those who know hockey know how much respect the twins deserve. 

I know I have an even deeper respect for them now and what they've done in the last couple of years with an average team than when they were putting up 100 point seasons with the strong team we had.

So nice to see Hank and Danny finally getting the attention and respect that they deserve. I just wish it didn't have to come after so much abuse over so many years.

Let's hope that it translates into them finally getting the respect they deserve from the on-ice officials.

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 10:15 PM, WHL rocks said:

More and more of these types of articles coming out this year. Sedins deserve every one of them.

HNIC needs to do a segment next.

Finally it's good things you read and hear about players on this team instead of bad. Finally shaking the bad rep this team had.

That will never happen Toronto has sucked for too long so HNIC needs someone they can bad mouth to take focus away from that.

On 15/01/2016 at 11:43 AM, smokes said:

Ok so the Sedins have a pretty settled family in Vancouver right? Stan Smyl up to this day is a contributer of the Canucks, Linden is president. with thier hockey smarts, a perfect world would be seeing the Sedins being groomed into management after they retire.

More like they will truly retire..to their retreat or vacation homes in Sweden. Then quite possibly after a restful spell...take-over for Thomas Gradin as chief Scandinavian/European scout(s) & NHL promoters, when that time comes. I bet their bods will desire time to relax, after years of intense work, league-travel & on-ice play.. much of that apart from their extended family members. They deserve that relaxation and whatever else they may wish to pursue afterwards....perhaps even the development of future Hall-of-Famers for the Canucks and other organizations to draft.  

Whatever they choose to do post-retirement...the Sedins, their wives & their families will always be successfully connected to our city.... & much loved for it!  They have long volunteered & donated so much of themselves to better &  prosper the people of our province & this  only solidifies their legacy amongst  us. I feel blessed to have been here to witness everything that the Sedins have had to offer us. In the game of life..they have set the bar high. Long live the Sedins & people like 'em! 

The Sedins deserve a heck of a lot more respect than they get... they were dominant in the league for quite a number of years, and they have introduced whole new styles of play.

Unfortunately I don't believe they will last as long as Jagr or some others... the reason is Henrik's body is not going to hold up.

All those years of being behind the net or on the half boards, and continually getting cross checked in the back have taken their toll.  You can see it this year... he is really labouring... real credit to him that despite the injuries, he is continuing to produce.

Daniel hasn't had to put up with nearly as much physical abuse, and he probably will last longer, but I don't know if he'd want to play without his brother.

Whatever happens, they should be given every consideration by Canucks management and when they do retire, they should be given a send off as the greatest players every to put on a Vancouver jersey.

3 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

The Sedins deserve a heck of a lot more respect than they get... they were dominant in the league for quite a number of years, and they have introduced whole new styles of play.

Unfortunately I don't believe they will last as long as Jagr or some others... the reason is Henrik's body is not going to hold up.

All those years of being behind the net or on the half boards, and continually getting cross checked in the back have taken their toll.  You can see it this year... he is really labouring... real credit to him that despite the injuries, he is continuing to produce.

Daniel hasn't had to put up with nearly as much physical abuse, and he probably will last longer, but I don't know if he'd want to play without his brother.

Whatever happens, they should be given every consideration by Canucks management and when they do retire, they should be given a send off as the greatest players every to put on a Vancouver jersey.

Jagr is truly one of a kind, isn't he? Every time I hear about a former teammate praising him, they always mention what a gym rat he was. He's a power forward who's played  in the dirty areas for most of his career, and his body has held up incredibly well. 

Jagr must be one of the greatest athletes in all of sports, and definitely one of my all-time favourite hockey players. I would have loved to see him play with the Sedins for even one season.

49 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

Jagr is truly one of a kind, isn't he? Every time I hear about a former teammate praising him, they always mention what a gym rat he was. He's a power forward who's played  in the dirty areas for most of his career, and his body has held up incredibly well. 

Jagr must be one of the greatest athletes in all of sports, and definitely one of my all-time favourite hockey players. I would have loved to see him play with the Sedins for even one season.

And to think we could have that guy...instead of Nedved! Where was Brian Burke's imput on that call? 

Pat Quinn was the GM then & Burke his Vice President, I think. Who steered the ship away from selecting Jagr...back then..and why? 

2 minutes ago, viking mama said:

And to think we could have that guy...instead of Nedved! Where was Brian Burke's imput on that call? 

Pat Quinn was the GM then & Burke his Vice President, I think. Who steered the ship away from selecting Jagr...back then..and why? 

nedved fooled everybody into thinking he was gunna be the next gretzky

29 minutes ago, chon derry said:

nedved fooled everybody into thinking he was gunna be the next gretzky

Yet -.clearly they said publicly & knew  that Jagr was the most 'talented & skilled' of the highly touted top-4 in his draft year. Jagr even went to the draft...so it was clear by then that he would come over. You're supposed to select the best player available when its your turn to draft in the 1St round..and they just didn't do that.. probably because Nedved was playing  Jr. somewhat nearby & had this local following to add to the Canucks fan-base.

Did someone try to sell the Canucks brass & other the theory about Jagr being just  too 'unpredictable' as an Eastern European player or something? Well...with a mentor like Lemieux, PITTS did allright & made the most of their investment in Jagr as their pick. It was still a surprise to see 3 other  teams pass him over 1st tho. Any conspiracy theories out there? BTW: where are Ricci, Nedved or what's-his-name who went 1st over-all ahead of him...now?

Archived