The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver police looking for men spotted filming inside Pacific Centre mall

WHL rocks

Heads up everyone. Have you seen or know any of these men?

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2016/01/vancouver-police-search-middle-eastern-men-pacific-centre-mall/

Vancouver Police are seeking the public’s help in identifying three Middle Eastern men who were seen taking 360 video within Pacific Centre Mall in downtown Vancouver on Tuesday, January 12 at approximately 6:30 p.m.

The men were seen taking video of exits and entrances and specifically capturing shots of the Dunsmuir Street exit. Mall security tried locating them but were unsuccessful.

Police initially believed four men were taking video, but the number of persons of interest has since been reduced to three men.

If you have any information about the men in the photo, please contact Vancouver Police at 604-717-2582.

Image: Vancouver Police

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Hoe exactly do we know that it's a "terror threat"?

Oh we know. We damn sure know exactly what it is. Lets not pussy foot around here.

If you have doubts you can go hang out at Pacific Center for the next few days, lets say around the Dunsmuir exit, nice coffee shop there you can hang out at. 

Just now, BanTSN said:

It's a crime to take video?  Or to be brown, have a beard and take video?

Uh, oh, my post probably made me a suspect too.

Yes, because taking photos of exits and the general layout of a public mall, looking middle eastern and being in a group of all 4 males is definitely not suspicious at all with the atrocities that terrorist groups have committed in this world so far... Come on, man. Calm down your PC mind for a bit and realize that the safety of innocent people is much more important than "offending" someone.

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Oh we know. We damn sure know exactly what it is. Lets not pussy foot around here.

If you have doubts you can go hang out at Pacific Center for the next few days, lets say around the Dunsmuir exit, nice coffee shop there you can hang out at. 

Look, I'm not saying it shouldn't be looked at, and that these men should be apprehended and questioned, but it's a little early to be saying "terrorists" just because they're middle eastern.

2 minutes ago, BanTSN said:

It's a crime to take video?  Or to be brown, have a beard and take video?

Uh, oh, my post probably made me a suspect too.

Sigh...it's not a crime to be brown or take a video or any of that nonsense you listed, and none of the people mentioned are accused of ANY crime. However, it is fairly suspicious to be taking 360 video and pictures of the exits of a mall. Calm your PC dude

Just now, slickjim23 said:

Yes, because taking photos of exits and the general layout of a public mall, looking middle eastern and being in a group of all 4 males is definitely not suspicious at all with the atrocities that terrorist groups have committed in this world so far... Come on, man. Calm down your PC mind for a bit and realize that the safety of innocent people is much more important than "offending" someone.

ie. I'm afraid of shadows and mist.

Just now, slickjim23 said:

VPD probably has a very good reason to release it to the public . I think it's better to be safe than sorry. 

1 minute ago, OptionalPants said:

Sigh...it's not a crime to be brown or take a video or any of that nonsense you listed, and none of the people mentioned are accused of ANY crime. However, it is fairly suspicious to be taking 360 video and pictures of the exits of a mall. Calm your PC dude

lul I've been told to calm my PC by two people in two minutes.  Safe to say what this thread is going to be about.  Good night.  I will be sleeping soundly.

2 minutes ago, Green Goblin said:

Looks like they were taking selfies... :P Well the bald bearded dude was taking a selfie, and the funny hat dude was taking a picture of the car phone stand. 

Although, there is one suspicious photo; I'll let you guess which one.

Cool, so they should come forward and say exactly what they were doing when they see their pictures on the news, right? Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

1 minute ago, Green Goblin said:

Another theory is that they are fresh off the boat and just wanted to take pictures of the mall. When I'm pretty sure newcomers of any country would want to take pictures of their new surroundings. You know to get a feel for the area. Of course it's not for ulterior purposes.

I'm pretty sure the VPD has studied cameras and all. It's 2 days ago since this thing happened.

Archived