The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver police looking for men spotted filming inside Pacific Centre mall

WHL rocks

7 minutes ago, Chalky said:

They could just be planning a robbery, they might only be criminals, not terrorists. :o

Edit:  Please don't take that seriously.

It's probably more likely than that they're terrorists, so I don't mind you saying it. Of course we both know it more likely to be nothing, but I don't think anyone here has any problem with the VPD asking about the situation either.

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

so what do u think they were doing? Taking pics on behalf of there rich real estate uncle back in syria.  Whatever country they might be from, even here in canada because jumping to conclusions is for simpletons and idiots

23 minutes ago, taxi said:

These guys are dressed very fashionably and in expensive clothes. They look like the typical rich Saudis attending English schools all over downtown Vancouver.

They were probably just instagraming or testing out new expensive phones. This whole thing is ridiculous.

Until something happens right?

Then what? Everyone cries and complains that police aren't doing enough..

Worst case scenario people are hurt or even worse..

Ya I don't think the whole thing is ridiculous..

32 minutes ago, Electro Rock said:

I don't bother with local malls anyway but I'd avoid Pacific Centre because its a gurantee that I'd get hassled by police and security because I look vaguely "Middle Eastern".

Vaguely?

So you're Syrian then?

How can we be so sure you're not a refugee here to cause mayhem?  vaguely middle eastern means a lot to people like us here in Canada.  

How do you like being labeled immediately based on a generalization of you skin colour?  Bombed anything lately?  Plan too?  Durned Syrian refugee get off our forum

8 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

What the hell are you talking about? I should take tweets that I'm posting up with a mod? They're related to the topic.

I do think the title is trolling for people to come and respond with the wrong idea, but then again the post you chose to reply to says nothing about that.

You're complaining about the title of the thread, take it up with a mod if you disagree and if you feel the thread is misleading again take it up with a mod or don't enter it.

7 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

It's probably more likely than that they're terrorists, so I don't mind you saying it. Of course we both know it more likely to be nothing, but I don't think anyone here has any problem with the VPD asking about the situation either.

I see here that you're not opposed to the vpd covering all bases.

So you just find the title misleading?

What would you prefer?

19 minutes ago, M A K A V E L I 96 said:

Donald is calling for a ban on all cell phones and cameras until our representatives can figure out what the hell is going on.

All joking aside, I think situations in France and to a lesser extent this one shows why the Government shouldn't be rushing people into the Country as fast as possible.

Take time to completely cover all your bases.

Just now, M A K A V E L I 96 said:

I think it has more to do with Canada not going around the world starting wars.

Well I'm not sure where you have been but Canada is bombing isis in Syria and Iraq we also bombed Libya and were big players in the afghan war. Canada doesn't run and hide. Canada responds justly to dictators and killers.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

All joking aside, I think situations in France and to a lesser extent this one shows why the Government shouldn't be rushing people into the Country as fast as possible.

Take time to completely cover all your bases.

The people in the security footage don't look like Syrians. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well I'm not sure where you have been but Canada is bombing isis in Syria and Iraq we also bombed Libya and were big players in the afghan war. Canada doesn't run and hide. Canada responds justly to dictators and killers.

There's a difference between doing limited military strikes and using suspect evidence to launch full scale wars.

Canada has 2 fighter jets there now and the government has said they'll be coming back. Going forward, I think you'll see less of what the Harper government was doing in following along with everything the US does and more focus on our country. 

10 minutes ago, M A K A V E L I 96 said:

There's a difference between doing limited military strikes and using suspect evidence to launch full scale wars.

Canada has 2 fighter jets there now and the government has said they'll be coming back. Going forward, I think you'll see less of what the Harper government was doing in following along with everything the US does and more focus on our country. 

Thank Gretzky for that.

The less involved we are in killing and destroying the less of a target we have.  We've been a nation of builders and helpers for far too long to eschew that in leue of being a puppet at the behest of the US and NATO for literally no reason at all other than to appease the other nations within it.

7 minutes ago, M A K A V E L I 96 said:

Actually we had 6 fighter jets bombing isis and a small ground force that was just recently in a day long fire fight that same ground force that Trudeau is signalling to ramp up significantly. By the way the Liberals sent troops to Afghanistan and then sent troops to the roughest fighting in the entire Country along with Leopard tanks.

Archived