The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[3 Way Trade] Tinordi to Cyotes, Scott & Bartley to Canadiens, Elliott to Preds

Bigturk8

This is a lot of card shuffling for very little in return. Montreal gets stuck with Scott even if they can stick him in the AHL, and I'm not sure why they'd want Bartley as a 27 year old over Elliott (who they also could have buried in the AHL). I know they had too many NHL D and wanted more flexibility with being able to send someone down, but this is all very strange.

But good for Arizona to Get Tinordi, and good for Nashville to end up with Elliott for another AHL asset. 

1 minute ago, wshdrvvn said:

That seems odd. I always thought Bartley was a decent player.

27 years old and 112 NHL games, is not what I would call decent.  More like a career AHLer.

Seem like something bigger should be brewing, otherwise Tinordi for Scott and Bartley seems like a minor trade for such a Buzz.

22 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Uhh,, why not Prust in a deal for Tinordi??  We surely could have been in on this... oh ... wait, Montreal is getting an all star.

Hey Montreal, u do realize he's not a REAL All Star right?

You do realize that Montreal is the team that traded us Prust, right?

5 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva 3m3 minutes ago

#canadiens didn't want to put Jarred Tinordi on waivers knowing he'll get claim. Value on the trading market wasn't high. #tvasports

Not a surprise since Rundblad and Gormley cleared waivers.....the only anomaly of the season so far was the Leafs claiming Corrado from the Canucks. Every other long in the tooth prospect type has cleared it seems.

11 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

27 years old and 112 NHL games, is not what I would call decent.  More like a career AHLer.

Seem like something bigger should be brewing, otherwise Tinordi for Scott and Bartley seems like a minor trade for such a Buzz.

you seem to overvalue what decent means

2 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Not a surprise since Rundblad and Gormley cleared waivers.....the only anomaly of the season so far was the Leafs claiming Corrado from the Canucks. Every other long in the tooth prospect type has cleared it seems.

With some of these players, especially defensemen, it appears that they become eligible for waivers too early in their career. 

They should have at least one more year where they can continue to develop their game without the pressure of being waived and possibly being moved or rushed to the NHL to the point where their development is stifled. 

Is it me or is it funny how the Coyotes have managed to take Brandon Gormley and flip him for Jarred Tindori? That's essentially what happened here: Gormley ----> Elliott ----> Tindori.

All three D-men have been disappointments, thus far. Still though, Tindori has the highest impact to be an NHL player since he's still in the NHL, for now.

16 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva 3m3 minutes ago

#canadiens didn't want to put Jarred Tinordi on waivers knowing he'll get claim. Value on the trading market wasn't high. #tvasports

This guy everytime I saw him has no hockey sense. One of the worst hockey IQ in the game. Go read hf boards montreal section. He is truly overrated here. 23years old and never really showed anything good. Only things going for him are his size, age, and how high we was pick. Montreal fans are truly delighted to see him gone. Although I would of thought a team would offer a 2nd or a 3rd.

35 minutes ago, firestorm238 said:

Elliott for Higgins?

DEAL!

33 minutes ago, HKSR said:

True enough.  Elliott for Weber!

DONE DEAL!

25 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Pending trade call, NSH sending Victor Bartley to MTL for Stefan Elliott. But not a done deal yet.

Oh well.  Odd how teams have so much "low-valued" stuff out there yet there haven't been more deals.  We have some old laundry that we could pitch for someone else's, but I guess when all's said and done you're still stuck with junk.

Would've thought that the Habs could've had a steal with Elliott (who can at least put up some points in a depth role) and John Scott for an essentially one-dimensional blue-liner in Jarred.  They could probably have put Elliott in their lineup ahead of Barberio.

Now with Elliott traded for Bartley I don't get this move for the Habs.  I mean I guess they could have a more established #7 D-man but Victor essentially went from one stacked blue-line to another (the Habs are pretty much just as deep on the left side with Markov, Beaulieu and Emelin).

Hard to say they really improved, or salvaged much value for this once-promising prospect.  Almost like a lesser version of the Kassian trade out of here, of course involving a lesser player.     

Archived