The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[3 Way Trade] Tinordi to Cyotes, Scott & Bartley to Canadiens, Elliott to Preds

Bigturk8

lol it took a few weeks for the three teams to string together a minor deal? 

I wonder what happens now with the All Star Game. I don't think I recall a time where teams traded players who were going to the ASG before the actual event. And in this case, Scott was named the captain of the Pacific division.

Montreal was already carrying 8 waiver eligible defencemen on the roster and Gilbert is about to come back from injury. Something had to give and Tinordi has never shown anything at the NHL level. Barbario has actually been really strong in his limited play. Something had to happen. This complicated goo of a trade just clears a roster spot on D and gives them something back in return. Obviously they couldn't get much more it they wouldn't have had tinordi sitting inactive on their NHL roster all season 

6 minutes ago, combover said:

Sure makes you wonder about our management. If Scott (33) the most one demesional player in the game today can get a young NHL dman in return. 

But then again his management didn't call him untradable send him away from the team. 

First of all that "NHL dman" had played in less NHL games this season than Corrado.

Secondly the coyotes actually waived John Scott on multiple occasions this season. Begging anyone to take him for free. Yeah he was treated like a king.

32 minutes ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

Favourite Stefan Elliott moment as a Montreal Canadien?

He was never a Canadien. He was traded to Nashville first for Bartley despite the report of the trades coming out in the wrong order. Bartley was then flipped with Scott to Montreal for Tinordi.

So more like "Favourite Bartley moment as an Arizona Coyote?"

Archived