The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Stefan Elliott to Predators for Victor Bartley

Low risk gamble for the Preds. Stefan Elliott still has boat loads of potential. Victor Bartley is a servicable defenseman and gives the Canadiens defensive depth in anticipation of a long playoff run. Good move for both clubs. More of a headscratcher for Preds since, like the Canadiens, I also expect them to try and mount a long playoff run this year too.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

This is so minor I don't know that it needs it's own thread after already being included in the Tinordi->Elliott/Scott trade thread.

oh bloody hell elvis.

Vintage is perfectly capable of deciphering what is thread worthy.

This is beyond, beyond annoying.

It looks like the Predators wanted another puck moving D in the mix - and a right handed guy, perhaps to balance their pairings.

Elliott lead the AHL in D goal scoring last year with 19.  Has clear upside.  Guessing they think he might add some depth of scoring if he's paired with the right stay at home guy.

They had Jackman, Bitetto, Bartley - all left handed depth D,  and Bartley was stuck in the A, so it makes some sense.

Poille  tends to have a good eye for D as well, so perhaps they think they can work with Elliott.

6 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

This is so minor I don't know that it needs it's own thread after already being included in the Tinordi->Elliott/Scott trade thread.

When will you understand that you aren't a moderator? If you were a mod, your incessant needling at people to get their ducks in a row would be somewhat understood, but you're just another poster on this site.

Please for the love of Gordie Howe, put away your hall monitor hat and stop.

Wonder if the Preds came out as minor winners in this string of deals?

Preds' blue-line might have found a fix for their bottom-pairing right side, at least on paper (not Seth Jones good but at least they have a viable, complementary option to pair with Jackman).  At least neither guy has to play on their off-side and Jackman can contain any mistakes Stefan might make.

Josi - Weber
Ekholm - Ellis
Jackman - Elliott

12 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Then don't post in it. If it fails to generate discussion, it will drop down the forum page and dissolve into the internet universe.

I contributed to the thread, whereas you continue to stew in your own hypocrisy.

20 minutes ago, oldnews said:

oh bloody hell elvis.

Vintage is perfectly capable of deciphering what is thread worthy.

This is beyond, beyond annoying.

16 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

When will you understand that you aren't a moderator? If you were a mod, your incessant needling at people to get their ducks in a row would be somewhat understood, but you're just another poster on this site.

Please for the love of Gordie Howe, put away your hall monitor hat and stop.

7 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Then don't post in it. If it fails to generate discussion, it will drop down the forum page and dissolve into the internet universe.

I contributed to the thread, whereas you continue to stew in your own hypocrisy.

Calm down, just my comment on how minor this deal really is and how it's connected to the other (which hadn't been mentioned yet in this thread). I don't know if the Preds have plans to use Elliott in the NHL, but I doubt it if they passed him by on waivers and could have just made this trade to begin with. It's likely an AHL for AHL deal.

And take your own advice, if you don't like my post, don't reply to it - or report it to a mod yourself. It took up a little over one line on the page so it's hardly anything to get pissy about.

1 minute ago, elvis15 said:

I don't think your original post was post worthy, let alone this redundant post, and then ironically, you re-posted it.

Please try to be more efficient with your posts - try some less redundant material, something with some originality.

4 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Calm down, just my comment on how minor this deal really is and how it's connected to the other (which hadn't been mentioned yet in this thread). I don't know if the Preds have plans to use Elliott in the NHL, but I doubt it if they passed him by on waivers and could have just made this trade to begin with. It's likely an AHL for AHL deal.

And take your own advice, if you don't like my post, don't reply to it - or report it to a mod yourself. It took up a little over one line on the page so it's hardly anything to get pissy about.

elvis15,

I'd never report you, because you have possibly the most spotless record on the CDC. It's not the size of your post but the fact that you can't just let some of these things go. You are as consistent as they come though.

15 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Could you just explain your rationale for why you think that you are entitled to proclaim what does and does not warrant a thread? Do you believe that your posts somehow contribute to CDC being a better place? Have mods asked you to unofficially regulate the forums? A little insight into the rationale for your behavior might go a long way.

Archived