The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 3, Canes 2 ....GOALIE CONTROVERSY?!?!

TheRussianRocket.

3 minutes ago, riffraff said:

This.....I say stay the course and keep millers value up by playing him and not making any careless statements.....we've seen that before.

then deal miller at the tdl 

That's a great plan. Would give the Canucks over $20M in cap space. 

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Miller can't be traded until we have another NHL-level backup.  There's no rush, Markstrom is coming along fine.

Yeah we need a Talbot/Lack level backup to be that #2 guy if we want to move Miller.

I don't think he we be moved this season though.

2 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Very true.  But I doubt he could be traded anywhere.  Who would want to take on the remainder of that contract?

Who knows, but allegedly there was interest at the last TDL.  Would have to look at contenders that don't trust their goaltending perhaps, but there'd have to be big salary coming back, too.

No Hansen, Dorsett, Sutter, Sbisa, Hamhuis and a hobbling Hendrik, yet we win.  Amazing really.  Horvat, Vey, Fedun, Biega, Markstrom, Hutton, Virtanen, Baertschi have all suited up for the Comets.  Not bad beating a team that had won 4 in a row.  

My boy Biega has got to get back to paying attention to detail if he is going to be a 3-4 guy.  Lots of good plays as always but a few sloppy joe's tonight, and last night he and Bart had some trouble with Ovi and co.    

Etem and Vey do look good together.  Virt, Burrows, Cracknell, McCann can all do better than they did tonight.  The team is going to need a better outing against the Isles and Rangers, who are barely a step behind the Caps. Might head down to see one of those games but I want to see Marky play.  I get the feeling Miller will get the next start against the Isles Sunday afternoon.  Save Marky for the Rangers.  Hope Sbisa, Hansen, Dorsett and Sutter are back for that.  Fedun will then get sent back to Utica along with Cracknell.  Not quite sure what they will do with Vey he has picked it up lately.  Does Jake get sent down to Juniors and Etem stays when Dorsett/Sutter/Hansen all come back? 

Barclay's is kind of crappy to watch hockey in some places as the jumbotron is weirdly off center, and the place wasn't designed for hockey but getting Rangers tickets is more expensive at MSG.  When Marky plays will have to be my deciding factor.  

2 minutes ago, hobart16 said:

No Hansen, Dorsett, Sutter, Sbisa, Hamhuis and a hobbling Hendrik, yet we win.  Amazing really.  Horvat, Vey, Fedun, Biega, Markstrom, Hutton, Virtanen, Baertschi have all suited up for the Comets.  Not bad beating a team that had won 4 in a row.  

My boy Biega has got to get back to paying attention to detail if he is going to be a 3-4 guy.  Lots of good plays as always but a few sloppy joe's tonight, and last night he and Bart had some trouble with Ovi and co.    

Etem and Vey do look good together.  Virt, Burrows, Cracknell, McCann can all do better than they did tonight.  The team is going to need a better outing against the Isles and Rangers, who are barely a step behind the Caps. Might head down to see one of those games but I want to see Marky play.  I get the feeling Miller will get the next start against the Isles Sunday afternoon.  Save Marky for the Rangers.  Hope Sbisa, Hansen, Dorsett and Sutter are back for that.  Fedun will then get sent back to Utica along with Cracknell.  Not quite sure what they will do with Vey he has picked it up lately.  Does Jake get sent down to Juniors and Etem stays when Dorsett/Sutter/Hansen all come back?

Sounds as though Sbisa is very close, but Sutter probably not until the end of the trip at the earliest.  I'm expecting both Jake and Jared to stay for the season, cycling in and out of the lineup.  Vey has probably crossed the waivers threshold so he is probably here until roster spots are cleared, or packaged in a trade.  Expecting JB will Higgy another one or two vets in the next 4-6 weeks.

43 minutes ago, SwedeHockey said:

I wonder if WD wanted JB to trade for Etem, so he had an excuse to keep up Vey when Sutter comes back? 

Something to think about.

Considering that Vey has been one of our best and most consistent players since coming back up, seems like a good move. He and Etem give our third line a lot of hop and make them dangerous. Sutter should play wing with the twins until Hank can win faceoffs again!

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Sounds as though Sbisa is very close, but Sutter probably not until the end of the trip at the earliest.  I'm expecting both Jake and Jared to stay for the season, cycling in and out of the lineup.  Vey has probably crossed the waivers threshold so he is probably here until roster spots are cleared, or packaged in a trade.  Expecting JB will Higgy another one or two vets in the next 4-6 weeks.

yea looks like Burrows, Vrbata, Prust, Crack would be candidates for a Higgy I guess.  Cant quite see who in that group goes.  Vrbata was my first choice but he looked good with the twins tonight.  A 4th line of Hansen, Crack, Dorsett would be good.   

Both Mccann and Virt are getting to the right spots, just hesitating to shoot sometimes or are unsure of where to pass to open space.   I can see why they want to keep them up, they are getting valuable ice time. 

Going to be tough once we get healthy.  Hopefully they all clear waivers if they can't  deal them and we get some vets n Utica. 

6 minutes ago, BoredAtWork said:

GOALTENDER CONTROVERSY!!!

...pretty sure I've seen this movie before.

Way to go, Mr. One-Post.  I really don't know why people get off on this so much, as if it's the only thing that gives their life meaning.  The trash media just love it too, and will grab any chance they get to proclaim it.  It's a crackpipe for soap opera junkies.

:picard:

Archived