The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's time to give Bo the 'A'

*Buzzsaw*

I thought it would not be till next season that Bo would really deserve the 'A'.

But it's clear for the last 10+ games, he is ready.

Henrik is the Captain till he retires... that is a given, but looking over the rest of the team, and who is taking the leadership role, there is no question Bo is the guy next to Hank and Dank who makes this team go.

It's time Bo Horvat is given an 'A'... he has shown all season, even when he was no producing offensively, that he was willing to step up, put himself on the line, take on the weight of the team on his shoulders, and inspire by example.

Time to do it Willie.

4 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

Yes, he will get it next season. I don't see Hamhuis and Burrows keeping theirs (they've been alternating this season). Bo is the logical choice. 

Burr is only filling in for Hammer. He isn't permanent. If Hamhuis doesn't return though, I can see Horvat getting the A, easy.

I agree with the posters above.....Bo has just started to regain his confidence, lets let him just play for now, he is the guy, but in a year or two.

Just an extra thought on this, but you don't have to wear a "C" to a leader. I am sure everyone on the bench is watching Bo right now. What I have seen in the past dozen games is BO's will....very focused! Toew's like, but with personality

Too much pressure with how fragile a season he's had. Bo has just begun to regain his confidence and this would just add a lot of unnecessary pressure. Let him finish out his sophomore year on a high note - then give him the leadership role next season.

40 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Nah. Just let the kid play!

39 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Patience.

Patience. 

And more patience. He'll hopefully get it eventually. Probably and most likely not now or next year. But he will.

33 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Let the kid play, no need to complicate things for him. 

20 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I agree with the posters above.....Bo has just started to regain his confidence, lets let him just play for now, he is the guy, but in a year or two.

2 minutes ago, BI3KSA- said:

No need to put any more pressure on him. We already saw him struggle earlier this year when too much was put on him too fast, no need to make the same mistake twice.

You know what will make him a great Assistant and later Captain...? the fact that while the above was true... too much was put on him when he had to step up to the 2nd line center when Sutter went down... But guess what?  He responded.

He's focused himself, he's worked on his game, he has never given up... and now he is being rewarded.

The kid has GRIT... he has CHARACTER.

Maybe other posters are correct, maybe its best not to put the pressure on him... but that doesn't take away from the facts.

Right now Bo is one of the real leaders of this team.

57 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I thought it would not be till next season that Bo would really deserve the 'A'.

But it's clear for the last 10+ games, he is ready.

Henrik is the Captain till he retires... that is a given, but looking over the rest of the team, and who is taking the leadership role, there is no question Bo is the guy next to Hank and Dank who makes this team go.

It's time Bo Horvat is given an 'A'... he has shown all season, even when he was no producing offensively, that he was willing to step up, put himself on the line, take on the weight of the team on his shoulders, and inspire by example.

Time to do it Willie.

hes like 20  sorry hes behind hansen, sutter, edler, tanev  on getting a  a  its nice hes scoring but take the blinders off 

Archived