The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's time to give Bo the 'A'

*Buzzsaw*

Just let the guy play. He's done better the last number of games but just let that be that. Let him focus on his game and getting more consistent and enjoying himself. Let him lead as he does and don't put any more expectations on him. Consider it next year mid way so he can just develop. No need to rush. If he's leading now then a letter means nothing. He'll lead with it or without it. Let him play, grow and love the game.

Just because other players from Bo's draft class have letters (Monahan), it doesn't mean that Van should automatically hand one over to him. Vancouver has lots of vets who can fill that role. Myself, I see wearing "C" or "A" as having a seniority component to it. Not entirely, but it would definitely play into who I would choose. Let Bo and the other young'uns learn for a few years. Apprentice under the Journeymen. This market has a bad habit of placing unreasonable expectations on young players then berating them when they don't reach said expectations. Bo will learn more in his first 4 years in the league than any other time. Let him soak it in without adding burden. Besides, if a player is a true leader it's going to shine through regardless of whether or not he has a letter stitched to his jersey. 

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Trevor Linden was named as Captain at age 21. Didn't seem to affect him. 

Trevor Linden Rookie Year: 80GP 30G 29A 59PTS

Bo Horvat  113GP 21G 23A 44PTS

Trevor Linden was a better player period.

1 hour ago, smokes said:

Trevor Linden Rookie Year: 80GP 30G 29A 59PTS

Bo Horvat  113GP 21G 23A 44PTS

Trevor Linden was a better player period.

Without question,Trevor Linden made an impact in his first games as a Canuck,..after every shift he would get applause from the Coliseum crowd...He was inspiring the team,even as a kid...Stats only tell half the story

Archived