The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin O’Leary mulls Conservative leadership bid

nuckin_futz

1 hour ago, Electro Rock said:

After like 45 years of economic underperformance and decline, perhaps its time we have someone focused on making Canada competitive again?

Canada has been rated by the UN as one of the best countries to live in for as long as I can recall. No need for some schmuck to ruin that.

15 hours ago, Electro Rock said:

After like 45 years of economic underperformance and decline, perhaps its time we have someone focused on making Canada competitive again?

As someone who is so far off the spectrum, you should at least be aware that it doesn't happen as long as the US is around.

Our industry is largely based off theirs. Should they choose not to give us a carrot, we will struggle.

5 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

And according to the Conservatives the Liberals under Chretien and Martin ruined this country so how is this possible??

I don't think anyone's ruined this country. Did Chretien/Martin do some things that weren't right (or not do things that should have been done)? Of course. Did Harper? Yes. Will Trudeau? Inevitably.

But none of them actually ruined this country. I suspect Mulcair, if elected, may have had potential to. But no one has actually ruined Canada and I doubt anyone will for the foreseeable future.

47 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

I don't think anyone's ruined this country. Did Chretien/Martin do some things that weren't right (or not do things that should have been done)? Of course. Did Harper? Yes. Will Trudeau? Inevitably.

But none of them actually ruined this country. I suspect Mulcair, if elected, may have had potential to. But no one has actually ruined Canada and I doubt anyone will for the foreseeable future.

No one ruined the country. I was just trying to illustrate the rhetoric that is rampant election campaigns.

But KOL might.

7 hours ago, Dazzle said:

As someone who is so far off the spectrum, you should at least be aware that it doesn't happen as long as the US is around.

Our industry is largely based off theirs. Should they choose not to give us a carrot, we will struggle.

So it's the Americans' doing for the gap in labor productivity, horrible management culture and other self inflicted inefficiencies? Or that we are so heavily dependent on the U.S. market and American branch companies?

21 hours ago, Blackberries said:

I don't know about you guys but I'm so excited to vote for a wealthy dbag business man.

You bet. Can't wait to see the corporate and 1% get insane tax breaks. 

Could never vote for someone who would have so much vested interest in what a minority of the population would benefit.

12 hours ago, surtur said:

You bet. Can't wait to see the corporate and 1% get insane tax breaks. 

Could never vote for someone who would have so much vested interest in what a minority of the population would benefit.

That precludes any major political party then.

They all represent different groups of oligarchs when it comes down to it, who in turn are subordinate to the Banksterz.

On 17/01/2016 at 7:02 PM, ilduce39 said:

From what I've read he's nothing like Trump.

I've never watched Dragons Den but he actualy comes across with half a brain in that interview and articles I've read.  As conservatives go at least he has a personality and I like the peacekeeping / multicultural vibe.

Yeah he may seem a bit douchey on TV but I'd still at least like to hear him out. Don't get the Donald comparisons as the main issue with Frump is his bigotry and racism, whereas Mr. O'Leary seems far from that.  He'll need to develop more a platform than encouraging entrepreneurship and private sector growth though.  A lot of conservatives eat that stuff up but there's a lot more to a country than that.

I'm skeptical but I'd like to hear what he has to say.

6 hours ago, Realtor Rod said:

I have heard him speak a few times. Highly intelligent and nothing like Trump. Pretty good choice to lead the Con Party. 

It`s funny because I used to think so as well...

...until I saw him get his ass handed to him by Aaron Rodgers on Celebrity Jeopardy.:lol: I know it`s not the same thing as "intelligence" but still....

Archived