The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Re-Sign] Multi year extention for Talbot

The Edmonton Oilers have locked up Cam Talbot long-term. 

The Oilers signed Talbot to a three-year contract extension on Sunday, the team announced.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the deal is worth $12.5 million and holds an annual average value of $4.17 million.

Dreger adds the deal holds a no-move clause in the first two years of the contract and a modified no-trade clause in the third year. 

Talbot, who had been set to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, owns an 8-13-3 record in 26 games with the Oilers this season. His goals against average for the season sits at 2.58, while he has posted a save percentage of .914. 

The 28-year-old was acquired by the Oilers from the New York Rangers in June in exchange for three draft picks. 

http://www.tsn.ca/oilers-sign-g-talbot-to-three-year-extension-1.424372

Bob McKenzie Retweeted

Some comparables: Talbot 3 yrs $4.167M Anderson 3 yrs $4.2M Bernier 2 yrs $4.15M Mason 3 yrs $4.1M http://www.generalfanager.com/leagueleaders?position=G&shoots=Both&team=all 

Cam Talbot 3-year breakdown $4.15 (includes $1 mill bonus on July 1), $4.15, $4.2. No-move for 1st two years and modified no-move in yr 3

I thought the idiocy of contracts doled out by the Oilers organization would cease with Chiarelli...then I realized that Chiarelli is the same guy who gave Seguin that ridiculous ELC+1 deal, and that Katz/Lowe/McTavish probably still have some say.  Talbot at  $4.17M AAV for four seasons plus NMC/M-NTC is crazy.  

Makes Markstrom deal look pretty good, but I wonder what his camp will be asking for next season when the negotiations for extensions start...

1 hour ago, MedicineHatCanuck said:

Well i dont think we have to worry about the Oilers for a while. Talbot is a starter but only a 1A type

I'm not sure you understand what people mean when they say 1A and 1B... 1A is elite. 1B is Ryan Miller. (at least at this stage in his career)

Archived