The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Freidman "I wouldn't be surprised if The Canucks threw some serious money at Stamkos"

Burrows, miller and Sedins come off over the next 2 yrs, that's 24.5 mill for 4 players plus the 15 mill this year. Also a beauty point is that over the next 2 yrs shinkauk, gaunce, pedan, Subban and maybe Cassels will fill out bottom roster spots for cheap, not to mention beartschi, Horvat, virtanen, Mcann and Hutton will be on cheap contracts  

id is throw whatever money it takes to get stamkos and then try to sign Lucic for 6 mill

Lucic stamkos sutter

sedin Sedin Hansen

beartschi Horvat virtanen 

Gaunce McCann Dorsette

shibkaruk

edler tanev

hutton sbisa

Think about this, there is a very strong possibility that Lucic and stamkos re sign with there current club, even if they do not there is a very strong possibility that they sign else where, if that is the case, what is the next big fish you would pay for, in a forward position 

5 minutes ago, coryberg said:

I'd take Stamkos at 9mil over lucic at 6mil

Take both, you'll have roster room and 31.5 meelion dollars to go shopping with at the end of season.  Throw in a Buff, Yandle, Gudbranson, or Burns too if you like..  I did.

4 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Think about this, there is a very strong possibility that Lucic and stamkos re sign with there current club, even if they do not there is a very strong possibility that they sign else where, if that is the case, what is the next big fish you would pay for, in a forward position 

If you can't land either, a forward group of Sedin-Sedin-Hansen,  Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen, Shinkaruk-Sutter-Etem, Burrows-McCann-Dorsett isn't bad. Then you dump your cap into the best d you can get. And overpay to get them.

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Spock !!! It's you !!   ;)    Here you go Rocks, 31.5 m. Off Load... For Stamkos, Lucic, and Buff (or Yandle).  

Hamhuis, 4.5m . Vrbatta,5.0m .  Edler, 5.0m . Miller, 6m . Weber, 1.5m .

Higgins, 2.5m.  Prust, 2.5.  Burrows,4.5.

And at the draft table we move Demko and our 1st overall for THE First Overall.

.. This round is on the house boys ;) 

8 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Burrows, miller and Sedins come off over the next 2 yrs, that's 24.5 mill for 4 players plus the 15 mill this year. Also a beauty point is that over the next 2 yrs shinkauk, gaunce, pedan, Subban and maybe Cassels will fill out bottom roster spots for cheap, not to mention beartschi, Horvat, virtanen, Mcann and Hutton will be on cheap contracts  

id is throw whatever money it takes to get stamkos and then try to sign Lucic for 6 mill

Lucic stamkos sutter

sedin Sedin Hansen

beartschi Horvat virtanen 

Gaunce McCann Dorsette

shibkaruk

edler tanev

hutton sbisa

4 minutes ago, Realtor Rod said:

Imagine signing Stamkos and drafting Matthews... You still don't have a defense. 

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Anything over $8.8 million handcuffs this team.

Our strengths currently are at center, our needs pressingly in order are

• PMD RH and LH
  • Crease clearing monster that can skate D
  • Solid offense first RW/LW
  • 2 way Lw/RW

We are coaching the offense out of our players in order to make them more defensively responsible.  We are needing D of both types in the worst way.  Stammer would be a HUGE draw for sure, but we've more pressing needs than another Sundin type contract regardless of how attractive it may seem

Well we are the NHL's worst face off team so I think center might be a big prob especially since we're a puck posession team that can't seem to ever start with the puck. Hopefully  Suter can fix this but if the Canucks don't fix are 45% average were hooped. We need a 4th line face off guy like a McClement, Hendricks, malhotra type player then are strength will be center. I think r only strength is in the net ATM.

We haven't really had a healthy Defence all year kinda hard to judge how bad/good r D is really.  

Edler Tanev 

sbisa Hutton 

hammer bartowski 

dosent look bad to me not great but all these guys I think if healthy could put up 20pts each edler with 35-45 pts. As sad as it is if we want a Pmd we're gonna have to move one of Edler or Tanev. 

We haven't really had a healthy Defence all year kinda hard to judge how bad/good r D is really.  

Edler Tanev 

sbisa Hutton 

hammer bartowski 

dosent look bad to me not great but all these guys I think if healthy could put up 20pts each edler with 35-45 pts. As sad as it is if we want a Pmd we're gonna have to move one of Edler or Tanev. 

18 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Take both, you'll have roster room and 31.5 meelion dollars to go shopping with at the end of season.  Throw in a Buff, Yandle, Gudbranson, or Burns too if you like..  I did.

Looking at about 16 million if we let vrbata hammer prust and weber walk. 17.5 if we buy out Higgins. 

21 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

lmao

I don't know if you're gonna be able to get Gudbranson though.

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Spock !!! It's you !!   ;)    Here you go Rocks, 31.5 m. Off Load... For Stamkos, Lucic, and Buff (or Yandle).  

Hamhuis, 4.5m . Vrbatta,5.0m .  Edler, 5.0m . Miller, 6m . Weber, 1.5m .

Higgins, 2.5m.  Prust, 2.5.  Burrows,4.5.

And at the draft table we move Demko and our 1st overall for THE First Overall.

Try this on CoryBerg :)    My 3 pop piffamy !

3 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Looking at about 16 million if we let vrbata hammer prust and weber walk. 17.5 if we buy out Higgins. 

3 minutes ago, Yukoncanuck87 said:

If we get stammer where does Henrik, Suter n Bowie stand? As far as I know stammer n Suter both prefer Center? I call that a log jam n someone has to go. 

We'll play Sutter on wing with Sedins, Stamkos at C and Bo at 3 C

Henrik 1C

Stmkos 1C

Horvat 3C

Nothing wrong with having two 1Cs. Look at WSH and LA. Backstrom and KUZ and Kopitar and CArter. Killers.

4 minutes ago, Yukoncanuck87 said:

If we get stammer where does Henrik, Suter n Bowie stand? As far as I know stammer n Suter both prefer Center? I call that a log jam n someone has to go. 

Sutter would go with the twins. Doubt he'd mind having career years in points as a tradeoff for taking less face offs. 

Archived